MPS definately less than 70% have a look

Hey guys, i got this from june L1 results: this guy passed!

Best case scenario, I computed his results giving him the maximum on every topic, he gets 169/240 a 69%

And no bananas for ethics < 70%

Looks like a 67% could be enough, if this can make us any reassured angel

Passed! :slight_smile:

TopicMax Pts70%-

Alternative Investments 8–*-

Corporate Finance20-*–

Derivatives12*β€”

Economics24–*-

Equity Investments24–*-

Ethical & Professional Standards36-*–

Financial Reporting & Analysis48–*-

Fixed Income Investments28-*–

Portfolio Management12–*-

Quantitative Methods28–*

interesting.

But i think with the CFA, it’s a bit unclear. A friend of mine had a better result than the one above but still failed with a band 10 on a december exam.

One thing i played around with is to generate 30,000 randomn numbers between 45% and 90% in excel, assuming these are the lower and upper boundary of the exam scores…I then checked for the 40th percentile score and i still ended up with bloody 70%…If i allow this a plus or minus 2% deviation from this score, we will have an MPS between 68% and 72%.

So, i would expect that those that typically got caught out on the band 10 lorry, are those who scored between 59% and 67%. for those in the upper bound of this group, (i.e 65% and 67%) an ethics adjustment may see them shifted into the pass category.

Obviously, all of that could be BS for all i care. With the high numbers of β€œWhat an easy exam” recorded in the other thread, the MPS could be anywhere between 85% and 95%.

The Irony of this whole thing is that the more others think the exam was really difficult, the better your chances of passing. phew!

hurrrraaayyy

Here is my breakdown from June. I was a 10 band fail.

Alternative - * -

Corporate Finance - - *

Derivatives - * -

Economics - * -

Equity Investments - * -

Ethics - * -

FRA - - *

Fixed Income - * -

Portfolio Management - - *

Quant - * -

If you assume I got middle of the pack on each section ala 60 for 50-70 and 85 for over 70 I end up with a 164/240 for an 68.33%. So either the MPS was closer to 70 or the more likely I was a little closer to the bottom edge of a few sections.