Mps

No one knows, but from results posted online the observed MPS is 62.5% to 63.33%.

my good guess but I will pass tommorow

65% is the MPS

is this a guess or did you read it somewhere?

my good guess but i will pass tommorw

That just seems soooo low to me. You’re saying we can miss 21 questions per exam session and still pass?

wouldnt you like it? :wink:

If you want to know estimate for MPS then I need Band 10 detailed result and PASS detailed result from tomorrow release. Then I can estimate the edge of MPS using statistical distribution.

It’s above 65%. I just failed and got 65% (can easily calculate from the topic analysis this year). Sucks because I kept reading everywhere that MPS for L2 is usually below that so I guess I just got hella unlucky this year

how are you calculating this?

I think the MPS was high relative to previous years because the AM session this year was quite easy.

how are you calculating this?

You can easily calculate how many questions out of 6/12/18 you got correct/incorrect based on where the line is on the topic analysis diagrams.

does anyone know how to break down scores of derivs and AI ?

Hi to everybody,

Do you know how they can evaluate our ability to score better or worse under « other » conditions on the exam day? I am talking about the blue box around the score.

Thanks.

It’s best to use the blue region on the overall score. If a good portion of the blue region is above MPS, you could have passed the test depending on your luck and conditions of game day. If no blue was above MPS, then you had no chance… meaning, if you had 10 tries, you probably would have missed all 10 tries.

It’s got to be a basic statistical analysis based on too many averages and assumptions to be any more than an essentially useless analysis at the individual level. Might be helpful for them in the aggregate but I wouldn’t put much weight on it as an individual. If you failed study more effectively next year and try again.

Am still curious about this year’s MPS. Also, the difficulty of the exam totally has no impact on MPS so am definitely not going in with that expectation for l3. Am guessing the MPS was 67-68 easily.

I do agree with you Candidcam. I wonder if this is really useful. Hard work is.

Thanks for the answer.

My blue region suggests that on my very best day I could just reach the 90th percentile. Idk about all that haha

you’re smarter than you think!!! Or maybe it means you have equal chance at the lottery and 90th%ile :wink:

Seems that MPS > 66% that year.

That’s pretty curious because I’m with my ~73% score is in the 90th percentile and guys with roughly 66% score failed. The range is just 7 questions (!!!).