Mps

Took three scores from buddies and my range was a 62-65% with my buddy the same with a minimum of 75 questions right and max 78 questions right for both. Our other friend was minimum 78 and max 80 so it had to b a 65% or just slightly above.

Beware of using the wrong statistical assumption or distribution. The standard deviation of one person’s test/retest performance is not the same as the standard deviation of everyone who took the exam on a particular day. You can see this in your results. The shaded range around your score is where you would land 90% of the time if retested. I think that is based on differences in guessing and changes in the mix of questions, if the Institute is doing it right, they used data from Practice Problems and online mocks to calibrate it.

That shaded range is much smaller than the 10 to 90 percentile range for all students. The SD for all students is about 3x as large.

I also found when I looked at published distributions for things like Bar exams, they weren’t that close to normal. There was a long left tail, a peak just above the mean, and a sharp dropoff near the highest scores.

What I find interesting, the new format allows you to determine how difficult each section was.

Base do my blue section, my score, the top 90th%tile line, and other details, I can tell the following:

• test takers scored very high on: CF, Quant, and FI. In fact, I believe top 90%ile on Quant was a perfect score.

• test takers scored within a very tight band for ethics

• test takers had a wide range of scores for PM

• test takers scored lowest average score on AI/DEV

61.6%~63.3% meaning you need to get 74/120~76/120

I scored 65% 78/120 and passed. So MPS has to be 65 or lower. My overall line is ever so slightly above MPS. I scored 75% on ethics in case that was the bump up.

I estimated my score to be in the range 75-76 and failed, but I scored 30 % or so in ethics,so no surprise there.

If topic weight is 5% as per the second page of your exam results , that means maximum questions were 6.

If topic weight is 10% as per the second page of your exam result, that means maximum questions were 12.

If you have 70% scores together, just assume that you had 70% in AI and 70% in Derivatives.

This means number of correct questions in AI is in 8.4/12 and 8.4/6 in Derivatives. So in Total you had approximately 16.8/24 or approximately 17 correct answers out of 24.

Similarly you can check for other % in any subjects. There will be small margin or error but you will be able to calculate your approximate score.

I think the MPS was either 78 or 79 out of 120

You might have failed by about 3 questions approximately.

Because you were very close to MPS, Looks like you got a ETHICS BUMP. Congratulations. My estimate of MPS is around 78 or 79/120

I scored 65% with 75% in Ethics and failed!

Results breakdown is attached… would you be good enough to share yours?

I was thinking MPS had to be 79 even with strong ethics…

https://i.imgur.com/Olgi4qY.png

[original post removed]

https://imgur.com/gallery/T5Zs4no

https://imgur.com/gallery/ukeAydG

65% with 75% ethics and fail.

You needed higher ethics score… 80% or more.

really? Is this based on prior observations?

Where did you get these estimates ?

you can do it yourself with new format or you can email this guy gstechnologies30@gmail.com

The results have the 70% and 50% marked… you can easily guestimate the #

I calculated your approximate score as 77/120

Looks like you were approximately 1 to 3 questions away from a Minimum Passing Score.