MS crushed

ayer, amigos: ------------------------------------------------------------ Re: GS and MS Posted by: daj224 (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: September 16, 2008 07:36AM MS is down hard again pre market, I am hearing bad rumors on this one here, guys…time to pull up the filings ------------------------------------------------------------ today: boom!

how much is it down?

Hearing rumors they are either bought or toast by the end of the day…

Buy puts.

also heard rumors

some part of me somewhere is taking perverse pleasure in this. these buggers dinged me when i was applying for analyst jobs as a fresh college grad. granted its been a decade+ but i have a long memory, and pride. lol

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > some part of me somewhere is taking perverse > pleasure in this. > > these buggers dinged me when i was applying for > analyst jobs as a fresh college grad. granted its > been a decade+ but i have a long memory, and > pride. > > lol agreed

ha ha

WTF is happening? I having a feeling that MS is in better shape financially than GS - strictly based on the Balance Sheet available on Yahoo Finance. Anyone else agree? No, I don’t think these two firms have a chance of going under. There are too many smart people running them for the two to go under.

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WTF is happening? > > I having a feeling that MS is in better shape > financially than GS - strictly based on the > Balance Sheet available on Yahoo Finance. Anyone > else agree? It has more to do with their exposure than their balancesheet per se > > No, I don’t think these two firms have a chance of > going under. There are too many smart people > running them for the two to go under. This sounds familiar for some reason

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WTF is happening? Question of the week, if not the year. CFAI better get to work on their 2010 curriculum ASAP.

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WTF is happening? > > I having a feeling that MS is in better shape > financially than GS - strictly based on the > Balance Sheet available on Yahoo Finance. Anyone > else agree? > > No, I don’t think these two firms have a chance of > going under. There are too many smart people > running them for the two to go under. Please define SMART

Sometimes even with loads of smart people, the reasons for dumb behavior are structural rather than personal. In good times, companies that are being prudent may perform well, but not as well as the ones that are being imprudent. Over time, the prudent folks just get weeded out; then, they’re not there when you need them. Why mess with “financial weapons of mass destruction?” Well, the competition is doing it and customers are going to them. We can hold out a quarter, or two, or maybe even four, but we can’t hold out for 5 years without dabbling in toxic waste either. Then you find that this section of your company is doing well. An institutional dynamic comes up where you feel the need to add manpower there. next thing you know, you’re overexposed when the sh*t hits the fan.

zOMFG MS GITTIN CRUSHHED LIK SO MENY NATTIES!!!>!!!

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WTF is happening? > > I having a feeling that MS is in better shape > financially than GS - strictly based on the > Balance Sheet available on Yahoo Finance. Anyone > else agree? > > No, I don’t think these two firms have a chance of > going under. There are too many smart people > running them for the two to go under. What’s happening has nothing to do with fundamentals. It’s a bubble in reverse. Naked short-selling and puts. Traders are making easy money as they drive our financial system into the ground.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ZeroBonus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > > No, I don’t think these two firms have a chance > of > > going under. There are too many smart people > > running them for the two to go under. > > This sounds familiar for some reason LTCM immediately comes to mind

pita224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zOMFG MS GITTIN CRUSHHED LIK SO MENY > NATTIES!!!>!!! I love you.