MSFT Paid $8.5B for Skype?

Overpaid? Yes? No?

Overpaid based on the past results but who knows how they can integrate it - you’d have to have a technical perspective to be able to have a good view on it.

Wasn’t Skype sold to eBay for

^^Yeah, something like that. That’s why eBay took a $1.4 - $1.5B charge on this deal 2 yrs after it bought it. Speaking of an expensive phone bill…

I guess it would be cool to see Skype integrated with the Xbox…although I haven’t turned my on in months.

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^^Yeah, something like that. > > That’s why eBay took a $1.4 - $1.5B charge on this > deal 2 yrs after it bought it. > > Speaking of an expensive phone bill… That’s hilarious! :wink: Bravo!

I’m fine with the acquisition. MSFT needs to get back between the user and the web now that everyone uses chrome, google, fb for everything.

MSFT overpaid but they used cash that was trapped overseas. Basically, exchanging a nonperforming asset for one that integrates well into their business model and is cash flow accretive.

Yah if they could integrate Skype into windows or xbox, that would be pretty cool.

I’m accustomed to 12-year-olds screaming at me on XBox Live. Now I will be able to video chat and see their faces too. Awesome!

How much cash flow doyou think Skype will realistically add to their bottom line/EPS? Honestly, this doesn’t seem very inspiring to me.

maybe it wasn’t for the cash flow skype as a product will bring but increased cash flow from a better Microsoft product that incorporates Skype?