Mubarak Resigns....

Nice…

doh!

Good riddance…enjoy your stolen billions in Saudi @rsehole.

Facebook and Twitter need to be given the nobel prize!

YEAH! “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” - Thomas Jefferson

So I guess Suleiman is in charge now? What I suppose they could do is install a nominal civilian government with the real power residing in the hands of the military. Something like Pakistan or Turkey.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > YEAH! > > “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time > to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” > - Thomas Jefferson Wrong. This was a peaceful revolution. The blood spilled was because of the pro government hired thugs.

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I guess Suleiman is in charge now? > > What I suppose they could do is install a nominal > civilian government with the real power residing > in the hands of the military. Something like > Pakistan or Turkey. Al-Arabiya reports that the Higher Military Council will sack the cabinet, suspend both houses of Parliament and rule with the head of the Supreme Constitutional Court, the country’s highest judicial body. A statement is expected later on Friday.

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I guess Suleiman is in charge now? > > What I suppose they could do is install a nominal > civilian government with the real power residing > in the hands of the military. Something like > Pakistan or Turkey. The Armed Forces Supreme Council is now in charge. They appear to be the equivalent of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > YEAH! > > > > “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from > time > > to time with the blood of patriots and > tyrants.” > > - Thomas Jefferson > > > Wrong. This was a peaceful revolution. The blood > spilled was because of the pro government hired > thugs. You are so extremely rigid in your thinking. Not worth it arguing too much with you.

YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA … I never thought I’d see the day. They need to let out the 50,000 political prisoners to celebrate …

I’m so happy for you mo34!!! I have a few Egyptian friends, it is so great to see how happy they are!

This is a great moment, but don’t mistake the opportunity for a just, open, peaceful and prosperous Egypt with its delivery. There are still many many ways this can play out, and not all of them lead to a happy conclusion. But for today, it is something fit to celebrate. :slight_smile:

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sublimity Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > YEAH! > > > > > > “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from > > time > > > to time with the blood of patriots and > > tyrants.” > > > - Thomas Jefferson > > > > > > Wrong. This was a peaceful revolution. The > blood > > spilled was because of the pro government hired > > thugs. > > You are so extremely rigid in your thinking. Not > worth it arguing too much with you. ignorance may not reign in egypt anymore, but… http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/8291108/Egypt-protests-looting-engulfs-Cairo-as-Mubarak-clings-on.html

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sublimity Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > YEAH! > > > > > > “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from > > time > > > to time with the blood of patriots and > > tyrants.” > > > - Thomas Jefferson > > > > > > Wrong. This was a peaceful revolution. The > blood > > spilled was because of the pro government hired > > thugs. > > You are so extremely rigid in your thinking. Not > worth it arguing too much with you. I am not arguing with you. Just pointing out that you could have used a more appropriate quote than one that has been coopted by some extremist groups.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m so happy for you mo34!!! > > I have a few Egyptian friends, it is so great to > see how happy they are! Thanks sub. What a difference 3 weeks make. US politicians ( the beacon of freedom and democracy:) ) have supported this guy and his ruthless regime for 30 years for no reason other than to keep “Stability” … Time for a new order in the Middle-East where our freedom and interests come first. This is the greatest day of my life … Unbelievable. BChad, hopefully we’ll end up like Turkey or Malaysia. Nothing is impossible.

Maybe I wouldn’t get too excited. This is the beginning of a new Pakistan.

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe I wouldn’t get too excited. This is the > beginning of a new Pakistan. I see a new India instead. We don’t have Taliban-like clowns in Egypt.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Palantir Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Maybe I wouldn’t get too excited. This is the > > beginning of a new Pakistan. > > > I see a new India instead. We don’t have > Taliban-like clowns in Egypt. I really hope so - wish to see the same in Saudi and Iran. Congratulations, mo34.

Perhaps you are right, Pakistan promotes Islamism against India, and Egypt will likely not do that against Israel as Israel is a US ally. It may well turn out closer to Turkey. However, I think US FP in the region is going to be dashed by Mubarak’s departure.