Muslims/terrorism in Europe

but to clarify brah, your effective tax rate is 0% in greece cause you just don’t pay. So it aint that bad if you are pulling 42k euros

The Greeks on Mykonos (who own places) are well off as it’s considered a rich area of Greece. Most of the Greeks you saw either own a place there or are working there during the summer season as a job because they can’t get a job on the mainland. It’s too expensive for most Greeks to visit Mykonos…The ones on vacation are either rich, or they took out a loan to go on vacation there… A trip there would easily be 2-3x their monthly pay.

due to london leaving the EU it would likely be more difficult for me to work there anyway (not to mention the firms seemingly looking for exits), agreed with your DB point that company is in serious trouble but there are plenty more bank, insurance companies, pension companies that all require work which i would be able to do. its not something ive done a ton of research into actually doing, more of a half hearted thing id be interested in if the opportunity came along.

if it were to happen, likely id be looking in places where i have relationships with clients i.e. paris, zurich/basel, lux, frankfurt & some others

Come on man, really?

Absolutely. The fact that this is surprising to you as a foreigner is as funny to me as it is to mainland Europeans when Americans treat Spain and Portugal the same. Different regions of the US have vastly different cultural and religious backgrounds, partly owing to how they were settled, the economies are diverse, different music and art tastes and widely different ethnicities. I’m surprised its surprising. People’s views are largely formed by the last few generations, not a war from 800 years ago. Also keep in mind the country literally divided in half and destroyed itself for four years in a war some people’s great grandfathers fought in.

Greece isn’t half bad. My son-in-law has a couple islands there. It has a strange history: in the past homosexuality was definitely not encouraged with Spartans and the idea of having an arena full of naked men was blasphemous because it’d be too gay, which is no longer the case.

From the eskimos of the tundra to the cajuns of the swamp, nothing has as much diversify as America.

what are you basing your insight on? send me some sources for how a landmass with upwards of 40 different languages and the same number of ethnic groups isn’t more culturally diverse than 1 country with a shared language

I love how everytime Europeans don’t have an answer the just say “duh, we have 40 languages.” Americans have always been a forward thinking people, Euros would do well to follow suit.

as long as you speak american, you are ok in my book. so i am gucci with all of us. i dont understand why you would not live near the beach but at least i understand your silly explanation.

I think this argument got off track. The first comparison between US and the EU came through this comment:

“id rather live in an EU country than most places in the US. people always just seem happier to me - likely due to not having to constantly stress you are a few paychecks away from homelessness due in part to strong regulations on companies (not regulations written by companies), living wages, & social services that seem to be run better.”

So, the claim is that EU people, as a whole, feel a better sense of economic security and well being compared to US people. On average, this is probably untrue, given the stronger US economy on average.

One could argue whether the EU as a whole should be compared to the US in this way (I would argue that it should, given the size of the union and why it was established), but that is besides the point of the original claim.

We were formed entirely from 300 years of heavy immigration from every country in Europe, Asia the Mid-East and Africa with greater ethno-diversity than Europe. Please show me some sources for how a few languages across an ethnically homogenous land mass is more culturally diverse. Chicago has more people of Polish descent than Warsaw and Minnesota is primarily Scandinavian. PA where I grew up is largely Germans. We have the the Amish. The Southwest has heavy Latin American presence and many states in the Southeast are almost 1/3 black. List goes on and on. You’re also confusing official language with spoken language with far more than 40 spoken languages in the US.

ohai nails it! which brings up a larger concern. if alabama were to secede, would you be down to rain fire and fury on them? i certainly would. no traitors in the us of a.

the only way you leave the us is in a box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nusCDQIQ494

lol at bs trying to make a claim that us is as diverse as eu. lol well techincally we are more diverse but we are definitely more united.

America:

Image result for picture of american faces

Europe:

Image result for picture of european faces

Lol, thanks for your support in these trying times Frankie.

nvm, Washington Post link not working.

It’s the same with small Asian countries (South Korea, Singapore, etc).

The relationship is simple—the massive GDP monoliths (US, China, etc) require massive top-down authoritarianism and cannibalization of their population, to compete with each other. The little countries can live outside that insanity, and have better lives for their people.

Note this is also why the left’s “we should be like a small euro-country” is stupid. Big country can’t be like a small country, unless they divide up the states and make small countries.

Is the US being as diverse as Europe one of those odd things you guys get taught when you’re young and then can’t shake the belief even in the face of reason? Other examples being the atomic bombs on Japan were necessary and poor people don’t deserve healthcare.

^I think BS’s point is that the US is more diverse by origin of immigrant whereas Europe has tended to be more homogeneous by country. Over the years, immigrants of all colors in the US tend to integrate. As such, Europe is probably more diverse from a cultural standpoint, but probably not from a racial standpoint.

Saved a million lives and shortened the war. The confusion is understandable, see while we were saving your helpless island nation from one bad guy we were also busy saving the east from another one. Come to think of it maybe that’s why you chaps with your hand out all look the same to us. Lack of involvement is probably why most of her majesty’s loyal subjects don’t understand the different nature of the fighting in the east… if you wanted a different outcome you should have pitched in!

Related image