My best guess

apollo if we will fail ( i m saying it…coz our scores seem to be in the same range)…how do you plan to approach 2009? how differently would you do things?

I cannot believe tho with all that work I am so marginal…it is a tough tough tough exam…

where are u based equity? I am in London. I will just do exactly the same as this year but more focus on the CFA books. More time equals more coverage equals higher score. But seriously…I gave a lot of time first time around. So more questions…more drills…less worrying. U?

Any others want to compare vs. my scores, people?

refresh my memory on what the Risk Management question was that is worth 13 pts. thx

Apollo, your MPS calculation looks reasonable—if anything, maybe a little conservative. I think that an MPS of 70% is way too high this year. Maybe they tried that last year and they got a bloodbath with a pass rate of 50%. It is difficult for me to compare my scores because I have only the vaguest memory of a number of questions. I guess I would have given myself a few more for DB and Corner Portfolio and taken some away from Individual, but that may be very wishful thinking. So it looks to me like your projected score of your AM session is conservative, but projecting 85% in the afternoon is a little steep. Is that roughly comparable with what you got on the mock exam?

Yeah…I was getting 90% in PM mocks. So I feel comfortable with 85%, particularly ngiven I have seen the answers from AF posters.

Apollo22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > where are u based equity? I am in London. I > will just do exactly the same as this year but > more focus on the CFA books. More time equals > more coverage equals higher score. But > seriously…I gave a lot of time first time > around. So more questions…more drills…less > worrying. U? =============================================================== i m based in mumbai … i did it all …CFAI + schweser + all the mocks and sample tests of CFAI+ CFAI past papers dunno wat esle i can do more… but according to 70% MPS i will have to re-read everything again… i mean wat more i can do? and how differently… any ideas apollo?

Risk mgmt q: - Who bears the credit risk in swap, option, forward.

Sometimes it is just about doing things twice…u and I will be way ahead of next year’s crowd assuming an October start.

Thx - I remember now. I think I had the counterparty for all of them.

I think that was right if my memory serves correctly. Fairly brutal calculations on the right box I seem to recall.

Anyone else got a comparison vs. my score or thoughts?

dude… how the hell did you remember all the max.points for each question thts amazing

I have been scouring analyst forum picking up bits here there and everywhere. Fairly mundane process. End result is that I have a good idea where I messed up and where I am safe…assuming of course that consensus is right…which we know from Bloomberg…is never the case. Go on Equity Research…give us your breakdown of scores!! x

other people? what r ur views?

I’ve conservatively estmated a low 60% (AM & PM). Anything I questioned or couldn’t remember I marked as wrong. Like I said before, PM is difficult to estimate solely because of ethics. I could have nailed them all or gotten a 50%. That’s a huge unkown (36 points) in determining pass/fail.

assuming worst case 50% score on ethics we are quibbling over 5% of the overall 360 points. any upside to ur 50% score is plain gravy.

No way L3 MPS is going to be close to 70. There this guy called Bob Fishcake who posted his L1 score, the maximum he could have got was 68.75% (using the 50/70/100 rule) and he passed. So if the maximum MPS for L1 is 68.75, the MPS for L3 should be significantly lower.

What was attribution question (#10) about?