My Bonus Sucked - I am Quitting

I have years of experience. An mba would be pretty useless for me right now as I would not learn anything new. It would be an expensive piece of paper. I’d rather blow that money on a new ferrari. I’m bored with the one I have now.

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That being said…i’d still rather be at a Tier > II B-school learning and making contacts as > opposed to working my ace off and getting a > handshake come bonus season… > > just my .02… You would rather be building a network instead of building work experience and a network?

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have years of experience. An mba would be pretty > useless for me right now as I would not learn > anything new. It would be an expensive piece of > paper. I’d rather blow that money on a new > ferrari. I’m bored with the one I have now. Well, die-cast cars aren’t quite as fun as they were when we were eight.

Since our group’s revenues are largely tied to the ABS market, I was expecting a weak bonus this year. Even though I’m underpaid, bored, and want to attend B-School, it’s not a good time to be choosy with your job.

I anticipated this would be the case many months ago…that’s when I decided to take matters into my own hands…I’ve been maxing out my meal allowance as much as possible, as many days as possible since the summer. The joke’s on them–those chicken tikka masalas and spicy salmon rolls add up real fast.

LOL!! Great strategy, Dermot81. BTW, just wondering if you happened to work at the same place as YoMama14? BTW, I have no idea why the spicy salmon rolls are so expensive. I really don’t think they’re very tasty at all. But that may just be my opinion, as there’s obviously a market for them and I see places in midtown charging about $10 per roll…

I don’t know where YoMama14 works, but I work at: {BofA, Wachovia, HSBC, Deutsche, Jefferies} I love the spicy salmon, I get it everytime…that and the dragon roll. I think I’ve sampled every japanese restaurant on seamless web within delivery distance of midtown.

Haha cool, pimp must be the saddest guy alive. I’d love to be so fond of myself that I feel the urge to spread it on a forum. You’re living the dream pimp, enjoy it! Maybe you’ll even make some friends in the future and have a life, wouldn’t that be just fantastic??? On a serious note, I haven’t chosen my job for the bonus so I’ll see what’s coming my way. It has never been bad in the past, though, we’ve done quite well so I expect it to be similar to last year’s.

why are sushi so darn expensive, they’re not that filling + cheap to make.

Same reason as iPods, I think. They should make sushi with black rice, and charge an extra 30% for it. :wink:

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why are sushi so darn expensive, they’re not that > filling + cheap to make. If trends continue, they’ll soon be able to blame the high prices on fish shortages. :wink:

hey dermot81, how do you like working for Jefferies? Or anyone, what is Jefferies Research reputation?

I’ve been hearing more and more than bonuses / raises stink this year. And we had a record year for gather AUM. Fancy that. I STILL don’t know what my bonus/raise is going to be… (others already do).

YoMama14 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey dermot81, how do you like working for > Jefferies? Or anyone, what is Jefferies Research > reputation? I don’t work for Jefferies :slight_smile:

DERMOT…SLIDE ME ONE OF THOSe rolls please…All I had to eat today was a can of sardines…

Would I have to pay taxes on a Jelly-of-the-month club membership?

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Would I have to pay taxes on a Jelly-of-the-month > club membership? with this bonus, im gonna put in a new swimming pool

dieselbp67 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > XSellSide Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Would I have to pay taxes on a > Jelly-of-the-month > > club membership? > > with this bonus, im gonna put in a new swimming > pool And if there is enough left over…I’m gonna fly you all in to help us dedicate it!!!

PIMP, How much was it ???

It was 39% of my base and was a 16% y-o-y increase. My base was unchanged y-o-y.