My Bonus Sucked - I am Quitting

My bonus this year was garbage. I work at a top 5 BB in EQ Research. I am quitting. F them.

You show them Pimp!!! Willy

Can I have your job?

what was your bonus if you don’t mind me asking?

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My bonus this year was garbage. I work at a top 5 > BB in EQ Research. I am quitting. F them. Any go where? India? Because that’s where your job is going if you quit.

i get my bonus # in january, but sentiment around our office is that our bonuses probably won’t be any better than yours

Sorry to hear, your BB prob. got hit pretty hard this year and they are just doing some lean trimming on cost centers like ER

HoldSideAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pimp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My bonus this year was garbage. I work at a top > 5 > > BB in EQ Research. I am quitting. F them. > > Any go where? India? Because that’s where your > job is going if you quit. isnt it going there anyways??

If I remember correctly, you work at MER?

Ouch. My shop has not been unscathed by the deterioration in the credit markets either. People are not expecting great comp numbers when they come out. You thinking buy side role?

look at bbg top news, ML supposed to down 40% in FI some down 80%, have heard rumors of the same in FI at other shops. the FI losses has to effect bonuses across divisions imo. beside GS and Leh, everyone should be down given the same production as last year

My “bonus” this year was that I’m eligible for the bonus pool pending passing L3 in June. The catch? I’d be eligible for the bonus pool starting in Jan '09. Payouts aren’t until April of the following year. That’s right, my bonus was that I’m eligible to get a bonus in April 2010. That is if the portfolio performs well.

At least you guys still have jobs, I got canned in my ER job a month ago and they gave us no bonus and a S++tty severance package.

pimp, How much was the bonus ???

YoMama14 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > At least you guys still have jobs, I got canned in > my ER job a month ago and they gave us no bonus > and a S++tty severance package. Thats a good way to look at it. As much as I dislike my job, I am greatful its in financial services with a good group of guys to work with. As they say, the grass is always greener.

With the name like pimp, you have a bright future doing ER in the Adult Entertainment industry.

I suspect now is the perfect time to go back to school and get an MBA. Thats where I want to be if we go into a recession…half the battle is being in the right place at the right time…

Good luck… Every single person in finance who was laid off/got a crappy bonus/can’t find a new job will be added to the pool of B-school applicants. This year will be one of the harder years in a while to get into a top MBA program.

RealWarriorsOnlyPlease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good luck… Every single person in finance who > was laid off/got a crappy bonus/can’t find a new > job will be added to the pool of B-school > applicants. This year will be one of the harder > years in a while to get into a top MBA program. ^^^YEP

That being said…i’d still rather be at a Tier II B-school learning and making contacts as opposed to working my ace off and getting a handshake come bonus season… just my .02…