my date with the big dude from green mile

i took a book 7 exam, got a lowly 65 after i’ve been seeing all these really high scores in the 80’s on these. it felt difficult. i got killed by the competitive strategy crap. i’m feeling pretty crappy about my chances. I can’t sit down.

you need to relax! i think you’ll be fine. you seem to have taken a bunch of practice tests now- what areas are you consistently getting killed on? back up, slow down, review them. you’re in good shape. chilllllllll, you’re the cali guy here- us northeasterners are the uptight ones, remember? i’m just about done for tonight. things i will review this week before i take another practice test next weekend (these are on my list of must keep fresh topics): 1. FCFF/FCFE 2. EVA/MVA, etc. 3. Residual income 4. writing down stupid equity formulas like P/S, P/B, H model, etc… time to start really memorizing the little ones to save points 5. All current/temporal 6. Equity/consolidation and purchase/pooling 7. pension calcs 8. adjustments 9. read ethics handbook so yeah, for me it’s FSA/equity driven always. i just try to get by on the rest and pick up stuff where i can. AF helps me for this- i get a healthy dose of the other topics if i answer q’s people post up. i need to tighten up quant sometime this week also. wow, i have a lot of sh*t to do this week! we get memorial day off. can’t wait for the pink/zim check out what 40 hours of straight studying does to us pics. this stuff will start coming together in the next week or 2. it has to. it has to.

love your attitude. to be honest, i have more days where i feel like i can pass it than those days when i know i’m going to fail. today’s just a bad day. i’m going to review like crazy this week. and maybe take another book 7 exam in between. i seem to be doing ok w/ fsa, but i don’t trust it at all. so i’ll keep hammering at that. and equity, especially the qualitative competitive strategy crap, is killing me. but yeah, thanks for your positive attitude. i really need to be more like that. it’s just people were getting 80’s on these book 7 exmas and i found them to be difficult. would love to see what you think after you take it. less than 20 days, let’s kill this thing.

i doubt i’ll do book 7. i have test 3 for book 6- that’s next weekend. still have sample test 3 CFA (maybe I’ll take wed or thurs night this week) and both mocks (will take 1 maybe memorial day and somehow try to sneak the last one in sometime during the middle of my 10 yr college reunion loss of braincell weekend the wknd before the exam). that’ll be it for my sample tests probably. if you find some vignette in book 7 really good or something, point it out and i’ll do a one-off.

What date is memorial day?

memorial day is monday the 26th. keep your head up san fran. remember last year when you bombed one of the cfai practice exams like the week before the exam? You went apes**t on the forum, got it out of your system, then buckled down and OWNED the real exam. Same thing this time around. See you at the finish line.

thanks vino… i hope so…

You are paying the price, beating youself up with this material…you will reap what you sow on gameday. It is over in twenty days.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i took a book 7 exam, got a lowly 65 after i’ve > been seeing all these really high scores in the > 80’s on these. it felt difficult. i got killed by > the competitive strategy crap. i’m feeling pretty > crappy about my chances. > > I can’t sit down. you still got three weeks… atleast thats what i tell myself.

20 days. let’s do it…