My First Consulting Interview!... need your thoughts

"But, but, it’s UVA! They’re complete wimps! Haven’t you heard Colin Cowherd go off on how soft Wahoos are? " Dude, this is getting old. I grew up in a college town (Major D1 school). Both my parents worked for the University. We had tickets to all the sporting events. Everyone in the town lived and breathed loyalty to the school. I’ll admit a year or two after I left the idea of going to school with which we had a sports rivalry seemed repugnant. Today, however, the idea that I would make such an important life decision based upon silly sports rivalries seems childish at best.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > great Danteshek, over the course of several > postings here, i assume you have now gone into > into excruciating detail about the education of > your entire family lineage…or are we not done > yet? I could do that, but your head would explode.

I am rightfully proud of my lineage. It would interest just about anybody on this forum if I talked about it. Unfortunately that would reveal my identity. But of course, you already know who I am. You so kindly replied anonymously to my friendly email a few months ago.

“Unfortunately that would reveal my identity.” it would have been cool if you said “true identity” b/c that would make you sound like a super hero. not that you aren’t or anything, i’m just saying…

HoldSideAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > "But, but, it’s UVA! They’re complete wimps! > Haven’t you heard Colin Cowherd go off on how soft > Wahoos are? " > > Dude, this is getting old. I grew up in a college > town (Major D1 school). Both my parents worked > for the University. We had tickets to all the > sporting events. Everyone in the town lived and > breathed loyalty to the school. I’ll admit a year > or two after I left the idea of going to school > with which we had a sports rivalry seemed > repugnant. Today, however, the idea that I would > make such an important life decision based upon > silly sports rivalries seems childish at best. Holdside, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to read it. I left school 4 months ago, I’m allowed to talk smack (especially when it’s obviously a joke, genius–it’s an effin’ youtube video to an ESPN sports talk radio personality. Lighten the sh*t up.).

You’re acting like it’s real advice, regardless of whatever video you might post. Besides, UVA’s MBA program kicks VT’s (I’m assuming Moo U has one) down the toilet. And can you please post the timetable wherein it is still acceptable to “talk smack”? I’m not so far removed from school myself, so I’m hoping maybe I can still slip in the window. Of course, Joey won’t shut up about Duke, so maybe the window never closes.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HoldSideAnalyst Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > Holdside, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to > read it. I left school 4 months ago, I’m allowed > to talk smack (especially when it’s obviously a > joke, genius–it’s an effin’ youtube video to an > ESPN sports talk radio personality. Lighten the > sh*t up.). Ah, leaving school four months ago gives you the license to be immature, which I am sure will take you very far…away from reality

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- After HBS, Darden is probably the best place to go for the case method. That’s a joke right?

No, it’s not. Why would you think that (if you’ve done your research that is)? If you haven’t done your homework I’m not that interested in your opinion.

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > great Danteshek, over the course of several > > postings here, i assume you have now gone into > > into excruciating detail about the education of > > your entire family lineage…or are we not done > > yet? > > I could do that, but your head would explode. doubtful. among the people who post actively here, it is abundantly clear that your threads are among the least informative or inspiring (probably stemming from what little you actually know about finance)…so unless you meant you could make my head explode out of boredom, then i don’t know what you are talking about *yawn*

Tuck and INSEAD have a far better case method program than Darden, imo

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But of course, you already know who I am. You so > kindly replied anonymously to my friendly email a > few months ago. as an aside, for what it’s worth, i may not be the biggest fan of your threads but at least i have the integrity to maintain your anonymity so don’t worry about that

Danteshek - and this is just a guess - I think your family is descended from a military genius who ended up on the wrong side of some very nasty politics in Russia. Close?

I love this forum. Sometimes it’s like watching a good movie.

Onegin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek - and this is just a guess - I think > your family is descended from a military genius > who ended up on the wrong side of some very nasty > politics in Russia. Close? Dedushka. No eto tolko chast’.

Dedushka= ? No= But eto= That tolko= only chast= five (maybe)

Am I close Dante? Ya guvadoo e punimayo Poruskee, no dolka nminoga.

my guess is: not wholly true, but partly?

bryant Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Am I close Dante? > > Ya guvadoo e punimayo Poruskee, no dolka nminoga. interesno… no ti ne umeesh schitat’ do pyati?

VOBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my guess is: > > not wholly true, but partly? Geni voenni? navernoe net. on bil xoroshii student bol’she vcevo, i toje lider. On uekhal ot moei babushki v pyatidesyatikh godakh Babushka bila vnuchka kovoto izvestnovo… Evo tretti brak Bila odna doch Ya ee vtoroi cin