My first year on Wall Street

Is coming to an end. Started with LEH in the first week of January. Now ending it with Barclays. Time to pen it all down. I think I have enough material to write a short book. What a ride. Anyone doing something similar?

Micheal Lewis made a fortune doing that.

my story is much better… 2008 Bear- JP- LB-Bar- HF

whats funny is I had an offer with GS in April and almost accepted… Turned out to be the best decesion I made…

goldenboy, that is pretty good :slight_smile:

write a post on seekingalpha

> write a post on seekingalpha How does that work? How much you get paid for posting? Or is it a charity service? :slight_smile:

> write a post on seekingalpha How does that work? How much you get paid for posting? Or is it a charity service? :slight_smile:

I was asked to be interviewed for local paper and some online blog but declined… I mean it is funny now but this was the most stressful year of my life… 365 days in 2008 and I sat in two different seats in two different physcial offices…yet had 6 different email addresses

http://lastbearstanding.blogspot.com/

1.) 19 months ago, I was graduating from college and about 1 year into my job search to no avail. 2.) 18 months ago, I began a brief analyst stint in a municipal finance investment bank. 3) 15 months ago, I began as an analyst in real estate valuation 4) 7 months ago, I was laid off from my job. 5) 6 months ago, I began as an underwriting analyst with one of the GSEs (Fannie/Freddie) in affordable apartments. 6) Today, I’m a hardened real estate veteran in one of the nation’s last standing multifamily groups. I just finished another 65 hour week. It’s been an insane ride.

kkent…wow…

that blows - at least you have something. still have mba buddies looking since May. nasty out there

Harsh

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > write a post on seekingalpha > > How does that work? How much you get paid for > posting? Or is it a charity service? :slight_smile: Daj, did you purposely daj this question? I would also like to know more about posting on seekingalpha… please respond.

As I understand, seeking alpha does not pay. However, they may have changed this policy since I read it about 6 months ago.

Thanks B

I started in equity research at Bear Stearns in April 2007, just prior to the sh!t hitting the fan. I was there through June '08 when I “transferred” to J.P. Morgan (suffice to say it was a lot more dramatic than that). When it looked like I wouldn’t make it to JP, I contemplated writing a super-long tell all AF post called “One Year in Equity Research at Bear Stearns” but did not, mostly because I chose to devote my time entirely to worrying and looking for a job. Needless to say, it’s been a hell of a ride and far from what I could ever have expected. To compound it all, the sector I cover has gone through unbelievable changes. Basically, the last 18 months have been a surreal, sleepless blur. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought, “Well, at least I’ll be able to tell my grandkids (I’m 28) about my XX months on Wall Street…”