my GMAT :(

Hey guys any one have any idea about how Veritas Prep is for preparing for GMAT. was planning to take a course. they have an on-demand version which i plan to take since i wont be able to attend classroom sessions. Took the gmat and got a 620 :frowning: . V-24 , Q-50, AWA 5.5 i was expecting somewhere around 690 - 700. but now that i have screwed up one attempt i thought of giving it another good shot.

620 is not bad dude. relax. I know guys with 700s that didnt get into dream school. you are pitching your portfolio to admit, not a single stock

you just need to work on ur verbal. Simply, plenty of practice. That should push u to 37V, which can land u 700. I got 37V, 48Q - 700. Now i need to push it 44V, which i think is quite ridiculous…

V is all about luck

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 620 is not bad dude. relax. I know guys with 700s > that didnt get into dream school. you are pitching > your portfolio to admit, not a single stock it depends on where you are applying and what the rest of your application looks like. While the GMAT is like a hygiene factor, for most top schools, you will be disadvantaged vs your peers. You did crack quant, so a little more work on verbal and you’re there… good luck…

Just work on V man. You can at leats get this to 35. And youl be fine.

get the manhattan sentence correction book

slave Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > get the manhattan sentence correction book I second that!!!

manhattan gmat all the way, i’m in their 9 week online class and i’m finding it to be useful. since you scored 620 without a prep course and nailed quant, you could look into their online topic specific classes. verbal on the real deal is a hit or miss, i always score in the 40s in verbal in full-length practice tests but scored insanely lower than than on d-day. ive been hearing rumors they are making it harder quietly just as they made quant harder quietly a couple of years ago. yeah, so get verbal up (SC is easiest to improve on and Manhattan SC Guide is the bible) so that you hit a minimum of 660 total, and that will allow you to atleast be able to apply apply to top 15 ranked (US) schools. the closer you get to 700 the better obviously, but you can apply to a school realistically if you fall within its 80% GMAT score range (check out incoming student profiles on the school’s website). i’m trying to get close to 700 too, and meet R2 deadlines.

I think even GMAC says most candidates can raise their score by 30 points on the 2nd attempt. you’ll be fine.