My Story Recruiting into Finance as an Engineering Major

If you are non-finance major from a non-target school, like myself, then it is essential that you take the time to read my friend, Anish Patel’s quick series on recruiting into finance from a non-target school, as well as interview tips and advice. In this article, I will discuss my experience recruiting for an investment banking internship from a non-finance major.

I was a late financial bloomer. I never planned to work in finance and actually resented the idea throughout high school, for whatever reason. I entered university as an engineering major with no clear idea of a career path that really intrigued me. I am also a varsity athlete. The first summer after school I did not attempt to find an internship and instead trained and worked as a landscaper.

Read full story here: http://tapwage.com/cheatsheets/2015/07/14/my-story-recruiting-into-finance-as-an-engineering-major

this is bs. Everyone knows that all you have to do is do CFA and you’re guaranteed a job in finance after that.

What species of engineering?

It is essential that you read this. In fact, would you even say that it is *urgent*?