My study approach...

Hi…

i have completed FRA, QUANT, half of ETHICS, Half of Equity, will finish economics thus week…( i love cherrypicking subjects according to my interest ) This is my first pass and i have solved the BLue box questions plus the curricullum EOC…NOTE i havent solved any questions of Qbank…

MY plan is to complete FI , equity, corporate till march end…

MY second pass strategy is

To solve all the curriculum EOC as well as the blue box questions as many times as possible plus solve 100 MCQs from the Qbank for every study session ( 100 questions * 18 study session=1800 approx)and review them as many times as possible….

Is my strategy correct…??? please post ur views on this !!!

!!!

Looks good to me.

I wouldnt have ’ cherry picked’ the most interesting topics though. You’ll have to know all the topics to get to the MPS.

The 2nd pass on the EOC is where you will learn quite a bit. Make sure you have a good amount of time to do the mock exams + review. I did 6 full length Schweser mocks, +4 Elan Guide mocks + 1 CFA mock. If you’re consistently getting c70% then you’ll be fine.

my approach:

funny-gif-Homer-Simpson-punch

Thanks alladin and pokhim…

but my concern is 100 MCQ per study session is enough or not…ie…100*18=1800

I didn’t do 100 from each topic…

I did nearly 2500 in total from Qbank…I certainly made sure I did all the FRA and Ethics questions. I skipped a bunch of the econ questions as they were quite difficult and didn’t realy add much value.

Instead of focusing on 100 from each study session, try and break it down by topic weights…e.g 2000 questions and then 20%(400) from FRA…etc

u guys are awesome…

Thanks pokhim…

Hey alladin…please can u explain wat was ur study plan/approach during cfa level 1

well i did not have a particular discplined approach…i read all the cfai books,did eoc/blue box and sample exams…what i found helpful were the end of chapter summaries which contained most of the key points. Judging from your plans and progress you will be fine!

Thanks alladin…so u did not refer to schweser Qbank…i am also focusing mainly on curriculum EOC and blue box question…

Just a quick question…

Should i solve schweser Qbank or concentrate only on curriculum questions

Well think about it this way…the peeps that wrote the curriculum are the same peeps that set the exam questions…so it kinda makes sense to focus on the institute materials…i did not use 3rd party materials because i did not want to pay extra. Just make sure you ace the curriculum questions first, and if you have extra time, then look at 3rd party stuff. There is still quite some time left for both so i wouldn’t worry about it too much…just keep plugging away i guess.

Thanks alladin… smiley

this advise will really help me a lot… yes

Hey Pokhim:

Do you find practicing from QBank useful? I mean, of course it is useful! I think you covered 60% of all the questions from QBank right? I am just wondering with all those pratices, did you have enough time to review important topics like ethics, FRA, Quants, Like ethics and FRA probably need to go over again when starting to review. When you were doing the QBank, what did you do with those questions you did wrong? Did you go back to review that area? Is there enough time for all of them?

Thx!