My study plan for level II

I’m a newbie for level II. Just found out that I passed level I last week and ready to move to level II. Hopefully I can get my books next week and start my study. Below is my study plan over the 17 weeks. Any thoughts or suggestions, my senior level II fellow candidates? W1 Ethic & Econ W2 Econ W3 Quant W4 Quant W5 FSA W6 FSA W7 FSA W8 Corp W9 Equity W10 Alt Assets W11 Fixed Income W12 Fixed Income W13 Derivatives W14 PM W15 Mock W16 Mock W17 Mock

I think you should put aside more time for revision

A few suggestions from someone in the same boat: - Do ethics the second-to last week. You just forget it otherwise. Plus it’s not as important in this level as in level 1. - Too much time on quant. You’re devoting 2 weeks to what is expected to count for 7.5% of your grade on the exam. That’s a poor rate of return compared with many of the other subjects here. If you shorten a ‘week’ to 6 days and cut out 2 weeks (my plan calls for me to cut out 1/2 a week from equity and econ+quant and 1 week from ethics), the whole thing should take ~90 days, which gives you about a month to review.

how many hours per week can you fit in?

Quant+FSA can’t be more than 500 pages in total and you’re giving it 5 weeks. Equity is about 600 pages on its own and you’re planning on reading it in a week. GL but it sounds like you basically handed out arbitrary time weighings without even looking at the SS…

I week on Equity is impossible. I’m not certain, but I think Equity is the most heavily weighted Topic on L2

The topic weights can be found at the following link: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/topicareaweights.html Equity is 20 - 30% of the exam.

Ethics is extremely important in L2. Don’t underestimate it. Way way harder than in L1. I would recommend going over it in the beginning, middle and end.

need more time in equity…one week for almost 400 pages…deh…

Thank you, folks! I didn’t realize that Equity takes so much percentage on level II until I checked it on the CFA website. Here’s my revised schedule. Does this look a lot better? W1 Ethic & Econ W2 Quant W3 FSA W4 FSA W5 FSA W6 Corp Finance W7 Equity W8 Equity W9 Equity W10 Alt Assets W11 Fixed Income W12 Fixed Income W13 Derivatives W14 PM W15 Review+Mock W16 Review+Mock W17 Ethic +Mock

I plan to devote 12 hours on weekday and 8 hours on the weekends, so it will be 340 hours in total…

I plan to devote 12 hours on weekdays and 8 hours on the weekends, so it will be 340 hours in total…