My studying strategy for level 2, do you think this will suffice?

I’m planning on reading schweser and doing the CFAI EOCs. Any questions I can’t answer from my knowledge based on schweser I’m planning on reading the relevant CFAI topics to answer all the CFAI EOC questions. I’m not planning on reading the entire CFAI texts. Do you think this will suffice? Thanks all!

yes that will be enough. I know several people that went that route

I think that will be enough too…

I’m with friggit. Those who complained about Schweser…is that mainly because of not doing the CFAI EOC questions? I ask because I used Schweser for the bigger subjects in level 1 but used CFAI texts for the less complicated subjects (and did the EOC questions for each reading).

I dont know abt totally skipping CFAI text fro schweser…you are just asking for trouble…

I agree with your strategy friggit. I am new to this forum. I passed L1 in Dec 2009 and L2 in June 2010. I adopted and same strategy and made through the exam without any trouble. However, one thing I would like to add. After reading Schweser 2 times I used to skim through the relevant reading in curriculum to identify topics that were not covered by Schweser and believe me in FSA, Fixed Income and Portfolio Management, u’ll need to refer to the curriculum a lot. For practice use as many CFAI questions as possible (examples, EOCs, mock exams etc)

Thanks all, this has been helpful. I just needed some reassurance before I dove into it. I passed level 1 with flying colours just with schweser but I’ve heard the same strategy won’t cut it for level 2. Any additional tips will be appreciated.

I have not written L2, but still feel that Schweser (thoroughly + atleast 2 times) + EOC + Mocks should sufiice. In May, CFAI Mocks to check the final prep…