My take on Level II

cjb001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > your a bunch of spineless idiots. > > i took Kupo’s post as it was intended without > malice and certainly not smacking of anything > other than “it worked for me” MAYBE it might work > for you. > > now a few of you that know each other start > attacking him. get a life. perhaps most of you > dont finish work at 12am, but there again may be > you do. he was only writing it to give some advice > and caveat himself with IB analyst… > > honestly, you people need to get a life easy, easy, tough guy. the people who have jumped on this guy were people who busted their asses on level 2 for most of this year. and also took the exam this past june… so we are not just talking out of our asses. i actually think the orginal poster was being a douche on several fronts… 1. he comes off as bragging. (see reposting of his results outside of the orginal results page, wtf) this can piss off a lot of people who studied really hard before april who happened to have failed this past june. that’s right cjb, smart people fail this exam. 2. it misleads people who are taking the test for the first time into thinking starting in march/april might work for them. i’d say it wont for 70-80% of the people. this test is hard enough without handicapping yourself even more. but good luck with that. cjb, which test are you taking? if it’s not level 1, i would suggest you start studying in january at the latest. hope it helps, tiger.

super awesomeness factor = N(recommended hours) / N(hours YOU put in)

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cjb001 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > your a bunch of spineless idiots. > > > > i took Kupo’s post as it was intended without > > malice and certainly not smacking of anything > > other than “it worked for me” MAYBE it might > work > > for you. > > > > now a few of you that know each other start > > attacking him. get a life. perhaps most of you > > dont finish work at 12am, but there again may > be > > you do. he was only writing it to give some > advice > > and caveat himself with IB analyst… > > > > honestly, you people need to get a life > > > easy, easy, tough guy. the people who have jumped > on this guy were people who busted their asses on > level 2 for most of this year. and also took the > exam this past june… so we are not just talking > out of our asses. i actually think the orginal > poster was being a douche on several fronts… 1. > he comes off as bragging. (see reposting of his > results outside of the orginal results page, wtf) > this can piss off a lot of people who studied > really hard before april who happened to have > failed this past june. that’s right cjb, smart > people fail this exam. 2. it misleads people who > are taking the test for the first time into > thinking starting in march/april might work for > them. i’d say it wont for 70-80% of the people. > this test is hard enough without handicapping > yourself even more. but good luck with that. > > cjb, which test are you taking? if it’s not level > 1, i would suggest you start studying in january > at the latest. hope it helps, tiger. i was a bit harsh…sorry. i just this post in solation and thought becuase he was not in the clique that he got beaten up a little…he works for an ib - he’s probably used to it anyway :wink: i failed level 2 again and this year was no where near as prepared as the previous year. took it on the chin and dealt with it now going to take a year off to get married and come back to it in 2010… will continue to read/post as one can learn some great tips.

I’m 100% with Kupo on this one. Regardless of whether people think he was showing off or not, I am interested to know how little someone was able to study and pass the exam. Besides, showing a little bit of an ego can actually be a good thing in this business. My general opinion is that if you are good, you should be able to pass the exam with the fewest amount of hours. Well done Kupo.

my take on L2 is that it just weeds out lots of the j@@ckarses who have cleared l1

Do people seriously think that there are secret methodologies and special tips that only those on the Inside understand? When it comes down to it - we are studying for a test. That’s it. This is everything that I feel is important: 1) general intelligence of individual 2) Previous knowledge of material 3) Ambition 4) studying, whichever way works best for you 5) luck That’s it. However, like I was saying previously…To boast about passing followed up by a method of cramming, 10 months before the next exam, is just ridiculous and not helpful.

Try to get fired up about the material instead of dreading it. I know it sounds dorky, but this stuff is pretty cool and you may be using it the rest of your life. You never know when it might come up. Just the other day I ran into a situation where a business owner was selling to a public company and part of the deal was for their stock. We talked to him about using a variable pre-paid forward to get liquidity from the newly aquired stock without getting hit with taxes right away. Before the CFA program and AF, I would’ve had no idea what a pre-paid forward was. I can just see the look on my face if someone else would have brought it up. :0 The point is most of the stuff is applicable and the parts that are more theory will help you learn the stuff that is. I wouldn’t pay much attention to the prep plans of the original poster though (regardless of his intentions). He is an outlier and most would not pass with his schedule. Congrats to him though.

CFA_Werewolf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my take on L2 is that it just weeds out lots of > the j@@ckarses who have cleared l1 Thank god.