My Whole Plan Just Blew Up!

Pass level 1 first! Do you gurantee to be the top 30% when the results come out

There’s no way around it, the requirement is to have officially graduated from university. When you register (if I recall correctly) you will have to enter your degree course and the grade you obtained , which you can’t know until graduation.

Maybe if your really cutting it close, you might be able to register when your final exam grade is published instead of having to wait until the ceremony when you receive your diploma - assuming the publication date is before the exam registration deadline.

Due to the high volume of level 1 candidates, I doubt they will check this. But as you progress through the programme and eventually become eligible for charterholder status, the number becomes much more manageable and I reckon they’ll perform a very thorough review of your recent history which includes exact dates of employment, graduation, grades etc. Any inconsistencies will need to be explained …

There is a section called “Ethical and Professional Standards” in every level of CFA exams.

Decided I’m not going to do it based on comments in this thread: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1919812

There’s no legit way around it. I figure passing L1 while in undergrad is already an accomplishment, and it would be better to have a third internship and time to look for a good job. Plus, if heaven forbid I fail, I can retake it right away. Damn you, realists.