my worst area by FAR

Ethics… wtf!!! I think I went 6/12. I missed more ?'s in ethics than in the remainder of the exam. How embarrassing. Hopefully I don’t end up on the margin :frowning: Edit: How bout you guys?

If it makes you feel better, I think I missed > 8/12 of ethics. I am not sure why CFAI puts silly ambiguities; I just don’t understand the purpose of these questions. This is one of the reason why CFA is considered amazingly difficult.

Good point. People around me are often like oooohhhhhhhh so 70% well that’s pretty manageable. No way. 70% would be really easy to get if Ethics and lots of the ambiguous questions wouldn’t be in there. You WILL lose points on those questions and they make the 70% quite a lot harder to get. You easily lose 15% even if you have studied all the material and master it pretty well. Above 85% is a very strong performance in my book.

did we ever get clarity on all the ethics questions? or was there never any consensus?

GIPS…BEHAVIOURAL FUCKED UP FOR ME…cant believe going by the easy exam, i fucked up on strt fwd question…i dont think scoring 70%would be that difficult for ppl… and teh MPS this year would be higher than previous year and even then percentage passing shall be higher best of luck guys…all AF deserves a pat on the back for their efforts…

I don’t remember the ‘suitability of options question’, but the only one I know I missed in ethics was the question on self training. I thought self training was acceptable. My worst section was equities. Missed 3 out of 12 for sure, and I’m unsure about two others.

Hey Akaska, if you missed more in ethics than in rest of the exam, they you did >= 80% in the pm…i don’t think you need to worry about being on the margin my man. BTW, thanks for throwing all that she-it together…i slept a lot better last night, despite going to bed late cuz of NHL game six.

Given the inherent ambiguities in ethics, I think these should be in the AM session, because then you can at least justify your response rather than this ridiculous right or wrong mentality

Everthing should be essay. It removes ambiguities and allowes us to go more into depth

no way would i rather have ethics as essays. f’ that. it would be basically impossible.

I thought this was going to be the year when the CFAI surprised everyone and put ethics in the morning. It’s bound to happen at some point.

You can’t fail ethics and pass the exam, <50% on ethics you will not pass no matter what. guranteed

I have seen a pass on here that had <50% in ethics.

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have seen a pass on here that had <50% in > ethics. You reading a post from one right now (L2).

richsg21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can’t fail ethics and pass the exam, <50% on > ethics you will not pass no matter what. > guranteed incorrect

richsg21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can’t fail ethics and pass the exam, <50% on > ethics you will not pass no matter what. > guranteed incorrect

I’m in the same boat…I think 8 mistakes in Ethics is where I come out…It’s usually my hardest part but this exam was ridiculous…If that crashes me, I dont know how I can prepare better next time…I knew my shit, just had different views on Ethics