!ncredible !ndia

Is this appalling and wrong on so many levels? Yes

Should abortions be banned/made illegal? Perhaps, don’t really care.

Am I surprised that your Indian driver did this? No.

At the end of the day, would you rather they birth a girl and abandon her? Because that happens as well and it is a lot worse. (Not justifying the decision, just putting it in perspective)

No, you definitely justified a pretty crappy decision by saying they could have done something worse. Really poor logic.

So… if an American woman has an on-demand abortion, that’s her right to privacy, she controls her own body, no one can tell her waht to do, it’s a celebration of her reproductive freedom.

If an Indian woman does it, she is a shame to her own gender, she is doing it for all the wrong reasons, and so on.

In both cases, a potential human life was stopped. But the reasons were different, so one is acceptable and the other is not.

^ exactly. It’s good to be an American.

'MURICA!

But yes, indescriminate abortion seems less wrong than termination because your baby doesn’t have blue eyes…or a dong or whatever.

I never made that case. In fact, I haven’t really weighed in at all. All I did say, was that Zero’s logic was poor.

Fck India!

No, I tried to look at the better outcome for society, especially in a country with overpopulated orphanages where kids go through hell. Slumdog Millionaire wasn’t a fantasy movie…

Listen, the country has come a long way from where it was… “Sati” existed just around 70 years back - ie a woman jumps into the funeral pyre of her husband. How cruel was that, now its not there in the society.

The society is improving, albeit very slowly. But it surely is improving and with increased reporting of such cruel incidents, I am sure the knowledge levels will improve leading to improved social conditions.

I have known plenty of marriages happening without dowry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowry) now. Its improving, but cannot improve at the rate which we all expect it to improve.

The state where I belong to (thankfully :)), has higher female to male ratio - because traditionally this state is known to take good care of Female Kids in the family. Now that goes unreported in the media too, so none of you know!!!

Not a Hindu majority?

It is a hindu majority state too…

Hmm, ok I’m gonna guess Karela?

Nice screen name Chicken Tikka!

Respect!

Spot on…

And btw just noticed the signature :slight_smile: New username, so we shall call you TRH instead of CT :slight_smile:

Or Hacksawbhai

^ Respect! Liked the name HS Bhai :slight_smile:

So, did you actually write an email to Chad saying, “Dear Chad, please change my user name to 'The Righteous Hacksaw”…?

Dear Chad,

Please Rename Me: The Righteous Hacksaw Thanks, The Former ChickenTikka

That is your new username.

Chad

yeah,tikka’s rant’s are getting lame. you’re looking at everything in absolute terms, i mean 50 years means it’s barely crossed infancy.(unless you’re freaks of nature like the germans)

on another note why djibouti

Cause I like the sound of it: Djibouti

How are your Kashmiri relatives in Jammu?