need a clarification

Hi All, I am CFA Level2 candidate with post graduation in Engineering and 2 year work exp in Semiconductor industry. Along with I was doing independent freelancer work for portfolio management of individual clients. Now I am trying to work with a US small organization which do helping firm to go from private to public and they want me to write research reports on these kind of companies. But they saying they need to check if my qualification with SEC/NASD whether I can write research reports on not with this much qualification. Do any one idea if there any restriction from SEC/NASD on analyst in terms of education/qualification. Though as per my knowledge there should not be any restriction but since I am based in India so don’t know exactly rules of SEC. any one can tell me if he/she knows. thanks

some one please reply me

“Do any one idea if there any restriction from SEC/NASD on analyst in terms of education/qualification.” i dont know of any such restriction, but that does not meen they do not exist… you might need to consult someone with more knowledge than your typical AF guy… not to say that noone no AF known the answer, but so far no one helped you…!! maybe you should try one of those sites where you post an inquiry and set a price on it, and a lawyer would answer your question if he likes the price, it would seem like the best person to ask, a U.S. lawyer working in such a feild…