Need a confidence booster

Last two weeks I’ve gotten so little studying done. We moved into a new house this weekend (just got my internet back up and running). Prior to that I’ve been spending waaay too much time supervising the work going on here at the new house and packing up the old one. Then, just this week, I had a job interview in Pittsburgh that required a decent amount of background work on my part (a number of long phone calls and a couple of meetings before hand). The day before the move I spent 15 hours in Pittsburgh, got home at 10 PM at night, then woke up at 6 AM the next day to spend another 12 hours moving. At his point, my wife doesn’t even want to hear those dreaded three letters. This week, I’m supposed to go to a conference in San Fran for three days, so at least I should have the peace and quiet of the flight – but I’m so damm dependent on the Q bank I’m not sure if I’ll be that productive. This is definitely not the place a I was at two weeks before exam date last year for level I!!!

Plyon, it must be hard not having time to study but you have a great foundation with your excellent results on Level I and your background. With two and a half weeks to go, you will be prepared for the exam. I have no doubt I will be congratulating you in August.

You will be fine Plyon. You are the gem of the AF Community. Just take an exam and see where work needs to be done. Do Secret Sauce. I am confident that you will pass. I am not sure about me though.

First of all, the next time you are in Pittsburgh you have to look me up. :slight_smile: There is still some time left and you have a much better understanding of this material than your average candidate. You don’t need to be where you were for level I. You destroyed that exam and you don’t need to do that here. You need a C+. Although it may not feel as comfortable to not have a firm grasp on every question that can be asked, I am sure that you have prepared in a way to pass (+ you still have 3 weeks). Your situation seems tough no doubt, but I am sure you will look back on it one day and laugh. AFers will be here to help.

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,712106 Focus on these areas…

With people of your stature and the kind of knowledge you possess, I guess 90% of the CFA instute paper setters won’t be 1/2 as levelled as you. L2 is going to be a cake for you, you just have to chew it right and gulp it down on 7th. There is a flaw in the grading-system if they fail a person of your level. You will be good - just think twice of us poor souls before trying to lock a 120 on 120 deal.

3_letters Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,71 > 2106 Plyon, 3_letters has come up with a very comprehensive list (link above) that is worth taking a look at. The following link is also a must … the original source is SUPER I. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,554872,page=1

Thanks, all. Some great confidence boosters and more than a little practical advice. My family has zero tolerance for any more studying so I’m going to fake going to work once I’m back from that conference and just spend the days at the library (I’m actually much more productive at home, but that’s just not going to happen). The main thing at this point is that I can’t skip another day of studying. Gotta be every day from here on out. (mwvt9… I hope I am in Pittsburgh again because it will mean I got called back for the final round for this job. I’m trying to get the open spot on a four - person team running about $220 billion (yes… nearly a quarter of a trillion $US) in short duration assets. Just the possibility of getting this position makes the CFA seem a bit dull (just one person asked about it during my day of interviews last week —one of the existing PMs who failed Level I twice and gave up).

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------ > (mwvt9… I hope I am in Pittsburgh again because > it will mean I got called back for the final round > for this job. I’m trying to get the open spot on > a four - person team running about $220 billion > (yes… nearly a quarter of a trillion $US) in > short duration assets. Just the possibility of > getting this position makes the CFA seem a bit > dull (just one person asked about it during my day > of interviews last week —one of the existing PMs > who failed Level I twice and gave up). I bet I know where. Good luck…and seriously if you are coming to town let me know.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------- > > I bet I know where. > Not too hard to figure out. I’d take the position for less than I made here in NY. Seems like I could buy a better house out there free and clear for about the same as my down payment on the one I just moved into!

Yeah. Markets work reasonably well! Not quite as much demand in the Steel City.