Need advice! 6 years later, should I continue CFA L3?

The old back and forth is L3 easier than L2 battle. Love it. In my opinion, people tend to think L3 is easier because of the extra effort to write resonponses on the practice tests. Hopefully by now and say April 1st of next year you’ll finish the curicculum. THen you’ll have the chance to complete 10, 3 hour long practice tests on writing. (6 Schweser, CFAI, Boston Society, NYSSA, others available) That in and of itself reinforces the information a little bit better and forces you to know it better. Even the Blue Boxes and EOC questions on L3 are more geared to you having to write responses rather than L1 (most are multiple choice) and L2 (less, but still a good part multiple choice). So you must know it more in depth. And if you know the material more in depth, the test should seem easier (at least the PM).

Level 3 is harder than Level 2 because of the AM Session alone.

#goodluck

Like a nun who is trying to teach you about sex? :smiling_imp:

Where can I sign up for that class? tank.

Link:

Hi Kathy,

IMO there are a couple of important factors to consider:

• Do you need CFA for work - ie will it really enhance your career prospects?

• How old is your eldest child? Deciding to do this will seriously reduce the number of hours you are able to spend with him/her (I speak from experience in this one)

• Do you have a supportive husband/partner? You will need one if you want to give L3 your all.

I passed level 1 and 2 first time and failed level 3 with band 9 last year. It was a real shock because I definitely put the hours in and felt I’d done okay. Afternoon paper score was fine but morning paper let me down. I totally disagree with anyone who says level 3 is easier - it’s not.

I cried for a whole day because I have 2 children (then aged 5 and 10) and I felt like I had told them to go away and let me study for 6 months and it was all for nothing. My son was only 2 when I started level 1 and I did IMC the year before that so he literally doesn’t remember a time when I wasn’t doing this.

I’m not sure I would have embarked on this having just had a baby (no 2 especially). The first year can be tough physically and emotionally and you need to look after yourself and preserve all the strength you can!

L3 has changed quite a bit in some areas (eg fixed income) this year so may not be as you remember. I felt like I had forgotten a lot even after half a year.

Anyway, I’m not trying to put you off at all - just giving you my honest opinion as a fellow mum. I read somewhere that CFA should stand for ‘Children and Family Abandoned’ and there have been times when I’ve felt this way for sure!

Good luck, whatever you decide :slight_smile:

Yeah, well, that's just, like your opinion, man

[Level Up](https://www.proforums.com/banners/www/delivery/ck.php?oaparams=2 bannerid=1428 zoneid=43 cb=0f9e37e599 ap_domain=www.analystforum.com__oadest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.levelupbootcamps.com%2F)