!!!!!!!Need Advise!!!!!!!!

This last sentence just killed everything you said. Passed all 3 levels in a year?? what have you been smoking? Do you even know anything about these tests at all??? LOL

What? Are we talking about the same exam here?

Your entire post is one big oxymoron. First you said his education is not regarded. Then you say his background + dual language = instant job Then you instantly add a CFA to that and make it equal to very promising LT career growth?? And at the end, you say: he has no shot at intense finance jobs.

Saskatchewan a developing province? what are you talking about lol GET OUT OF THAT province, and come back to Ontario…more specifically, Toronto. What kind of future job opportunities in the finance industry do you see in saskatchewan? there may be far less competition, but there’s also FAR less relevant jobs. There may be a lot of competition in TO, but you’re competing likely against new undergrads with minimum experience…entry level jobs are plentiful for those who have a half decent resume and are able to communicate effectively. In my opinion, finding an entry level job in this city is a joke (meaning, very easy)…as long as you are looking hard enough, and not picky.

oohh my bad…He must have done the Indian CFA…(which is nt equivalent to the real CFA) … @ bodhisattva: I am aware that Canadian employers dont recognise foreign credentials…thats why I am working hard on CFA…just wanna get it over in 2-3 years,…and I am not good at sales though…I can work with numbers…do analytical work…sales just not my thing…my neighbour (canadian) he has done level2 and his currently working with Greystone Inc …as a wrap trader…he advised me to get my level2 quickly… still not sure…wat should i do??..well i got a call from CIBC…as a outbound financial service …representative…I got rejected because I screwed up in the interview…

Welll…dunnno whether Saskatchewan is developing or not…but i’ll be out of here as soon as i get my federal permanent residence…I dont like it here a bit…its cold and boring…

moh@ For the hundredth time, what are the specifics on the call center job? What will you be doing at the call center?

Saskatchewan sure is a bad place to be if you want to do finance… Actually, the only major places to be for finance in Canada: Edmonton/Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal (if you speak French). I really don’t want to burst your bubble, but everybody else already has, so I’ll join in. There are relatively few of these desirable finance jobs in Canada, and 90% of them are concentrated in Toronto. Also, I don’t know how fluent you are in spoken English, but if you’re not totally fluent and understandable then I think that will hinder you. I also don’t think the CFA is going to be the thing to push you into the industry. There are lots of people out there that have passed level 1 or level 2 and have relevant experience and have had trouble getting in. That being said, best of luck… you have an uphill battle in front of you.

@zesty Mostly sales: selling credit cards cold calling calling potential and existing clients about financial products… achieving sets targets…

My spoken is not bad… out of 10…i would give 7.5 , I can say that cos ppl here told me ur english is decent and should look for a more decent job than security guard…

my biggest suggestion is to take any kind of job that’s in Financial Services in general. Don’t think of it as a ‘crappy’ job, but think of it as gaining entry level work experience in financial services… at least when you pass level 1 and/or 2 and network etc you will have a bit of somewhat relevant experience…I agree, a job as a security guard is wasting your time (aside from getting cash) because I would NEVER put this on my resume to begin with…it’s too far away from anything relevant…even a secretary position would be better lol

My advice is to get some advice on how to spell advise.

@mohi, I would say take the job and study for the CFA in your free time.

thanks … appreciate it

lol, yes, don’t give up jobs for studying CFA level 1…that’s a horrible idea. work experience is a far greater asset than having passed level 1… I advise you to take the ‘call centre’ job, BUT stop referring it as a ‘call centre’ job and take it seriously as you can benefit if it’s with a bank. You’ve got to start somewhere…as horrible as it may be.

got it…thankss

Hey guys I am sorry… I mean to say pass all exams serially which would be atleast at about two years. Like you give your L1 exam in Dec of 2011, then L2 on JUNE 2012 and L3 on June 2013. I know a guy who gave his exam Dec 2009, June 2010, June 2011 exams and then went NYU for MathFinance! And mohit I think you have been lied about the guy who completed all levels of CFA right before his graduation. I think you cant even register for CFA L1 unless you are a senior in your undergraduate program.

Just remember that when you say you pass L1 in December, and take L2 six months later, and L3 12 months after that, sure, if you pass, you’ve taken 18 months (1.5 years) from the day you sit for L1 and the day you sit for L3. But you are almost certainly not going to pass L1 unless you’ve been studying for 4-6 months before that, and you’re not going to get your charter for another two or three months after you sit for L3 (assuming you pass), and many people burn out after studying for L1 for six months and then L2 for six months. At a minimum, you are talking about two years from signing up to getting your charter, and that assumes that you have the 4 years of relevant work experience. You can shave a month or two off of that figure if all you care about is passing the exams.

I agree bchadwick! I dont know why i get paranoid or frustrated when people say me it takes years and years to pass these exams and get a charter. It was just my frustration pouring out when i see my situation; a 22 year kid, with a major in mathematics with concentration in Econ and computational science, trying to break into finance but with no experience in the field of finance. I am already frustrated by my experience factors, college factors( not being the top reputed ones where company comes to hire you) so dont even want to think about age factors now. I agree with the fact that curriculum of CFA 1 is pretty broad when I am an econ minor and there were so many stuffs that we never covered in class that I came up along while studying Econ volume of CFA.

Kudos to you brotha, I have no idea how you managed to bring up a family with 4 kids (let alone 1). And working. It’s easy when you are at college, are in the studying groove and have fk all else to do except drink beer and chase tail. Sir, I salute you.