need career advise

backgroud… 4 yr university degree in Finance/Accounting/Admin. CFA level 2 Candidate (passed level 1 in 2006, failed level 2 in 2007, will re-take it in 2008) worked in a small company as Account Manager (B2B sale) for 1 year. currently working for Citigroup, entry level job with limited potential, hoping for internal transfer, however, has no luck so far. My 5 yr career goal is equity research. I know with my backgroud it’s impossible to get in to the field, expecially in Canada. I have a strong sence for accounting, so I am thinking to start with a Fund accountant role, and try to get in to front office later. Or I can start with a Financial Adviser role, and learn my way up. I am not sure how valuable is the Fund accountant or Fiancial Adviser experience for an equity research. please help, any suggestion is appreciated.

The year was 2007, times were still promising. A gentleman named JoeyDvivre was AFs star poster… Yet the poor synergyzan above received no advice! this is the oldest post going back in general…