Need CPA designation

And I needed it yesterday. What’s the quickest (legit) way to go about getting one?

It depends on your educational background and work experience. http://www.aicpa.org/download/states/require_pract.pdf

Just use Becker…

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > And I needed it yesterday. What’s the quickest > (legit) way to go about getting one? 36 hours of upper level accounting is needed to sit for an exam (~12 courses). So it would take you at least a year to do that. Georgia State has a graduate certificate in accountancy, which is basically just that. Then take all the sections through Florida CPA - no experience required (you can take Florida CPA anywhere). So the quickest way would be about 1.5 years.

bernie_m Wrote: > Then take all the sections through Florida CPA - > no experience required (you can take Florida CPA > anywhere). So the quickest way would be about 1.5 > years. Florida requires one year of acceptable work experience http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/cpa/licensure.html

Colorado doesn’t require experience. # a Masters degree, doctoral degree, or a bachelors degree with 30 additional hours; # 39 semester hours in accounting; # 6 semester hours in audit; # 36 semester hours in general business subjects, with no more than 9 hours in any subjec

Why?

I have about 2 years of accounting non audit work experience but do not have 150 hrs. I have an accounting degree and 125 credits. Do any of you know a state where I can get licensed?

Try California, Delaware or Vermont. Note: The work experience has to be under the supervision of a licensed CPA.

I think PA has pretty lenient requirements: http://www.picpa.org/join/become_cpa/index.asp

PA requires 150 credit hours to be licensed and applicant must be a resident.

Is it worth/possible to be exam qualified but not have the work experience?

jcrick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it worth/possible to be exam qualified but not > have the work experience? Work experience is not required to sit for the CPA exams. just like the CFA.

Is anyone a CPA in New Hampshire? That looks like the easiest state to obtain from a prerequisite stand point – am I missing something? Only 12 hours of accounting? What does certificate mean in the pdf above?

Halberstram Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is anyone a CPA in New Hampshire? That looks like > the easiest state to obtain from a prerequisite > stand point – am I missing something? Only 12 > hours of accounting? > Yes, 12 hours in accounting subjects and 12 more in general business subjects. New Hampshire is one of the easiest states to qualify for the CPA exam. However, to be licensed, you need 2 years of public accounting experience or one year with an MBA or Masters in accounting/finance/taxation. I know some who passed the CPA exams as NH candidates but couldn’t get a job with a public accounting firm, now they are stuck, they can’t transfer their grades to other states unless they get extra hours in accounting and retake the exam.