Need follow up to interview advice

Agreed with all you should move on. I was gunning for on job out of college and didn’t hear anything from them after interviewing with like four different managers on site. I followed up to no avail. It sucked. I got an offer for my current job (much better anyways) an hour after I finished my second round interview, as well as a follow up e-mail from the CFO when I was still deciding. If a company wants you, they aren’t going to sit on their hands. I guess the moral of the story is that you shouldn’t either. Hope this helps.

Neud Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As far as I understand, it often happens that such > silent rejections happen to the interviewees who > follow a “plain vanilla” route (typical a-la Vault > guide answers etc) and simply lacks pure > intellectual power (which, contrary to many other > things, is either available or not, from birth - > one can’t do much about it). I don’t really understand the WHY behind this reasoning. If someone interviewed and gave very bad or very good answers then they’re entitled to at least a rejection letter? It takes no time to change the name and address on a form letter, put it in the mail, and mission . But I guess HR departments, in their infinite destruction of value, can’t be bothered with this. To everyone who has posted in this thread, thanks. Trust me I have been looking elsewhere and talking to my contacts. It’s not like I’m sitting around waiting for the phone to ring but, at the end of the day, I just want to be treated with decency.

You would be surprised. The income of physician’s are not as lucrative as it once was. Take into consideration high amounts of student loan debt, liability insurance, taxes, and they end up with a smaller percentage of net income. Also, doctors tend to have poor financial acumen. I personally know many doctors and dentists who are broke through my aforementioned reasons as well as other factors such as divorce. Our firm recently hired a doctor an entry-level position. Again, this is the world we live in. Unfortunately.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you think I should’ve shown off my body more? nude colored speedo!

I was thinking more along the lines of nude colored skin.

Its been 2 days since i last heard from ‘them’. they asked for some details which i sent in an email. whats taken them so long? i plan to call send email on monday. spoils my long weekend.

haha

Steely Dan, you shouldn’t bother about absence of rejection letter. Don’t look much into it, no point really. You may be unable to land an interview at (say) UBS, get no feedback at all at (say) GS after an interview, but receive an offer at (say) Lazard, all for the same position - and it wouldn’t mean much either.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its been 2 days since i last heard from ‘them’. > they asked for some details which i sent in an > email. whats taken them so long? i plan to call > send email on monday. spoils my long weekend. Good luck. Not entirely dispositive. There may be good news coming down the pipe on Friday.

Just got the ding letter. Fuck 'em.

What’s happening on Friday?

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s happening on Friday? Your surprise birthday party. Surprise!

No interest unless one of the forum chicks is jumping out of a cake.

thankfully i got my call today. the thing is alive. steely dan, sorry about your ding!