Need help with an analogy

The way Kathie Lee needed Regis, thatā€™s the way I need Jesus

I thought about that, but I want to actually combine the two things, to the point where thereā€™s not two thingsā€“thereā€™s only one multidimensional item.

If I use this analogy, people can say ā€œAbbott worked together with Costello. Why canā€™t you work with my other guy?ā€

How about an analogy to someone else who is really successful in two different fields? Like a certain beloved President that was/is a successful businessman?

Iā€™ve tried to think really hard to see if there are any good examples of people who are really skilled at doing two thingsā€¦ itā€™ll come to me.

had no idea you thought so highly of obama

Paul Newman springs to mind.

He was an extremely good race car driver, finishing 2nd overall in the 1979 24 Hours of Le Mans, and 1st in his class.

He also started quite a successful business making salad dressing, pasta sauce, cat food, popcorn, and so on.

And I hear that he could act.

1 Like

I see what you did there!

Honeycomb and dark chocolate.

I found a honeycomb/dark chocolate snack type thing at Costco once and it was amazing.

Or for those with less sophisticated palettes, BBQ sauce and brown sugar

S2, youā€™re as smart as hell, but you need to update your references, man.

Since your in TX, Stars and Stripes.

Greenie, since you are in Midland, what about an energy industry one related to how two chemical components come together to produce something more useful than either one on their own?

Like catalytic cracking, in which additives are infused into ordinary petroleum to yield gasoline? You could probably find other cracking/oil processing-related analogies.