Need help with an analogy

I need a good example of two things that are okay individually, but great together? Like, 1+1 = more than 2?

I thought about peanut butter and chocolate. Both of them are good, but when you put them together, you get a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, which is greater than the sum of its parts.

I also thought about a sedan and a single-cab truck. Put them together and you get a full-size SUV. You can haul your boat, all your passengers, AND all your luggage, but you only need one driver, have one insurance payment, and one garage space.

The reason for the analogy is this–I’m trying to put together some marketing material, and I’m trying to illustrate that it’s better to have one professional that does investments and tax, rather than have two different ones. I’m just trying to figure out how to best make the point. Any help would be appreciated.

Water, hops, and yeast.

Lennon and McCartney.

Iron and carbon.

Adam and Eve.

Lever and fulcrum.

Algebra and topology.

Barnum and Bailey.

What happens when you combine iron and carbon?

Um . . . steel.

Sorry. I must have missed that in chemistry 101.
Just call me Pinkman.

Bacon and maple syrup. Seriously, try it!!! :bacon: :maple_leaf: :yum:

Itchy and Scratchy.

What’s something good that’s Texas related?

Guns and ammo
horse and cowboy

Oil and derrick.

Tuna, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, celery, dill pickles, parsley, and an habanero.

For those of us who despise mayonnaise.

Beer and BBQ!!!

Wine and cheese !

Or go with something to the effect of… “Often clients work with multiple advisors to manage their finances. A drawback of this approach is that investment decisions often go part and parcel with tax decisions. Effectively, the left hand isn’t talking to the right hand. At Greenman Capital Co. we believe a more prudent approach to wealth management is to have a single firm assist with two important aspects of your money: tax planning and investment management…”

1 Like

Abbott and Costello
Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers