Need help with my dilemma

I’m in a pretty tough situation right now…Can’t decide what to do…I have two options…I’ll be finishing CFA Cirriculum in 10 days…The fist option is I start immediately doing Schweser Qbank, practices exams and CFA mock exams. And the second option is I watch Schweser videos which will take me approximately 16 days to watch them all and then start doing mock exams…People who already passed Level II and retakers which option would you recommend?

^^^ Thinly veiled brag about having too much time to study.

I am in a tough dilemma too. Having finished all the CFA exams, I don’t know what to do with all this free time. I have a bunch of DVDs to watch, but which should I choose first? I guess I could just sleep for 12 hours a day.

For someone in your mood I would recommend watching Desperate Housewives…

Not a single advice…Great…

I would say spend the days watching the videos. You have 53 days (starting tomorrow). Take away 16. You have over a MONTH to do just practice problems. That should be about right given the amount of time you seem to have available.

I’m just starting my review after having watched the videos (and minimal reading). Tack on MBA coursework, and working full-time. My odds aren’t good, but who needs sleep, right?

Honestly, I find the videos to be incredibly helpful (especially that British guy, it’s easy to remember stuff when it’s spoken in an accent). If you don’t get all the videos done and feel like you need to start practice exams, go for it.

I would say spend the days watching the videos. You have 53 days (starting tomorrow). Take away 16. You have over a MONTH to do just practice problems. That should be about right given the amount of time you seem to have available.

I’m just starting my review after having watched the videos (and minimal reading). Tack on MBA coursework, and working full-time. My odds aren’t good, but who needs sleep, right?

Honestly, I find the videos to be incredibly helpful (especially that British guy, it’s easy to remember stuff when it’s spoken in an accent). If you don’t get all the videos done and feel like you need to start practice exams, go for it.

In my opinion - Begin the questions/exams if you have finished the curriculum & written notes/summaries that you can revise from.

Videos will be a repetition and may be presented in a different format from what you read/wrote – in which case you may spend more time trying to figure out the same concept in a different way.

Instead revise from your own notes/markings in the book and keep cracking problems…

Watch the videos. Some are more useful than others. During the videos try and watch the big picture. Do the problems along with the instructor. If the topic seems like something testable, do the Schweser EOC and/or CFAI EOC questions after it.

You might try this strategy:

For Level 2 I’d make sure to prioritize FINRA, CORP FIN, EQUITY, and FI as they are all interrelated with FINRA as base. Therefore I’d work on watching the videos in those sections in particular and spending the next two to three weeks getting very fluent in those topics. No reason to rush them. Go slowly. You got the time. Really try and understand what you are doing, work the problems, and go over the ones you don’t understand until you do.

Fluency in the above topics + >70 in ethics = sure pass in my opinion

Know your strengths and weaknesses, then watch those videos, whether it’s most of them or only a few. There are sections where I should be able to do well without a ton of effort, and others like FRA that I have to bust my ass to figure out.

I’m roughly in the same boat. I’m going to pick and choose which videos to watch but also work on practice problems at the same time. I’ll work on problems in the morning before work when my mind is fresh and then watch a video after work/dinner. I think you have plenty of time to do both, but I would focus on the core subjects with the highest priority levels. Focus only on what you DON’T KNOW. Don’t spend any time on things that you know already. I found that this helped necessary. I’ve heard that pounding practice problems is the only way to get through the test. If you don’t practice the problems, how can you expect to do well on the test? It’s like training for a race - if you don’t practice running fast, how can you expect yourself to run fast during the race? Good luck!