Need Sponsor in NYC

Hi all, I recently passed level III and I need a sponsor to complete the membership application. I am in NYC and it would be great if someone could help me out. Already got so much from this forum, just asking for a little more help. I’m not sure what is required of the sponsor, so any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads/ replies. -Tae

so you are getting CFA but have no CFA chartholders in your network? You better get on that, your network is the most important asset, and you have to start building it as soon as you can. CFA by itself won’t get you anywhere. I’d help out but, I’m not member yet. Use linkedin and see if your friends might have CFA friends.

Go to a local CFA event and network.

Can somebody tell me what CFA sponsor has to do to in the membership application…in terms what kind of information cfainstitute asks from sponsor.

tk222 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi all, > > I recently passed level III and I need a sponsor > to complete the membership application. I am in > NYC and it would be great if someone could help me > out. Already got so much from this forum, just > asking for a little more help. I’m not sure what > is required of the sponsor, so any > advice/direction would be greatly appreciated. > Thanks in advance to anyone who reads/ replies. > > > -Tae The society will sponsor you if you don’t know anyone. I had the local member responsible for Memberships act as my sponsor and she arranged the deputy chair for Memberships act as the second sponsor. Bingo. Just email the person at the local society who is responsible for Memberships and explain your predicament.

Thanks newsuper. I want to know what details sponsor has to provide for myself just so that I can update him beforehand. Also since getting work experience approved depends on the way you present it, I may have to provide sponsor with details on this as well if he needs to report my work ex as well.

yeah, I had to send through my CV and my contact details. I think they are meant to contact you (and possibly your supervisor) to confirm the type of work you do but they never did that for me.