Need suggestion to buy third party material

Hi,

Any suggestion which third party material is best for Level 2 exam. Mark/Kaplan/Wiley/ IFT. Please advice.

Thank You

I used MM for Level 2 - Had a great value for money. The main videos and exams were really helpful and I would highly recommend them. Especially derivatives was great, only economics was in my opinion rather poor. The review videos were good as well, but too long. Your time will be better spend doing the EOCs by your own and just consult those videos when needed. There is already a vast amount of content (around 150h of videos in total if I remember correctly) and it gets more and more which I do not really appreciate.

The qbank is ok for retention but way too easy for level II. You shouldn’t spend too much time with it. In contrast, the mocks were difficult, sometimes twisted and a great preparation for the actual exam.

Unfortunately, MM changed his approach for 2020 and will drop the mocks in favor of additional videos. Prices remain stable which makes the deal worse (you will have to buy mocks somewhere else; for me, they were key to passing).

I don’t know if I would go with this package again (given the new details) but MM definitely helped me passing this exam and made the preparation a little more enjoyable.

For level 1 and 2 I used the same prep provider (Kaplan) since I was comfortable with it. Worked out fine. My suggestion would be to use the same provider you used for level 1, assuming you liked their style.

I would say Mark videos. They r great and I attribute my success in L2 to him. Mocks would have been icing on the cake, but nonetheless u can separately purchase them from many providers and they r not very expensive either.

Thank you for your advice.

Mark Meldrum videos with the Level Up slidebook (level II slides were new for last year and I found very helpful) and the IFT study notes. Use all three in conjunction with the official curriculum and you’ll be golden. Don’t over think it, just start studying.

I have been using Mark Meldrum since LVL1. I have been really happy with it.

Pro tip: watch the videos on 1,2-1,5x speed in order to save time.

I tried MM last year and Bloomberg and MM has great videos but did not pass. I am going to try IFT this year. His focus is on passing the exam. MM video are awesome but his notes and quizzes are the weak points in his program.

New here to the forum. Was wondering if anyone else failed level 2 and felt that their chosen study materials in some part played a role. Like the OP, I’m looking for L2 study mats and want to see if there is any general consensus on what to stay away from.

I’m looking to purchase MM plus Kaplan mocks. Thx

I used MM as well. As I believe, this year he is going to focus on videos and reviews more. Absolutely love his seminar videos.

But, also try to back it with other providers. IFT has some review videos on YouTube, u can use them if want some other perspective on topics that u can’t understand.

Which provider is the best ,is a relative question. What works for one will not work for the other. There are enough youtube videos out there from pretty much all providers. See how are they explaining the stuff, pick the one who is not reading through the slide, rather someone who can actually explain.

The number of hours you put in the repetition would be dependent on you.

+1

I used Kaplan (all levels), AdaptPrep (levels 1 and 2) and IFT (level 3). Comfortably passed all on the first attempt. However, I believe most people on AF swear by MM + curriculum. Hence, the “best” is entirely subjective.

Did you the adapt prep test bank. Heard good thinks about it…

I used Bloomberg and it was not very good. Going to switch to ift and konveity.

True. Whichever provider you choose, there’s no magic tricks. It’s up to you to put in the hours and internalize the material.

There are when I’m around.

:wink:

Level 2 would be big on understanding the concepts rather than memorizing. With hundred of formulas if you start memorizing it, it would be pretty much game over for you. every prep provide has youtube video. Check who can explain any particualr topic best without a slideshow and 100 bullet points .

Mark Meldrum all the way, passed comfortably.