Need to make decision ASAP

actually it does! how’d you know?

thekangpin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actually it does! how’d you know? You gave too much information. Be careful.

thekangpin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actually it does! how’d you know? You gave too much information. Be careful. For shits and giggles, let’s assume your base now is 40-42k, or $19.23 to $20.19 / hour plus overtime. That’s probably where it is considering you’ve only been with the firm for less than a year. Basically what that means is that HR doesn’t consider it to be a truly professional position (or you would be on salary), despite the politically correct stuff they feed you. Any non-exempt role is basically the same low level nonsense. HOWEVER, you know full well that several of your colleagues were able to get promoted to more interesting positions at the firm. I’m 99% sure I know who you are. My suggestion to you is to keep your head down for a while. An IB offering less than 40k is a ridiculous to the point where I wonder what is causing them to offer such low salaries for IB type hours. It’s nuts. You can work 50 hours per week and make ~53k. And you can have a life. Bottom line here is that you need to pass at least one level of the CFA and then either move UP either internally or externally. A pay cut is almost never a way up, and is most certainly not in this case. Plus if you leave so soon your reputation at the firm will be tarnished. - your colleague

That’s fucking creepy.

appreciate the response man…i def. have to be more careful

someone needs to change their username. :wink:

Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone. I’m not in your department anyhow.

That’s even more creepy! i’m scared.

LOL. There are tons of people on this board who know who I am. It goes with the territory.

WAMCO?

Whatever firm, you know the best answer for your career path. But have to agree with the above to stay at the bigger firm unless an offer overwhelms you.

I almost went back and deleted all my posts.

appreciate all the input…i’m all about transparency see you guy(s)? manana