Need your advice

Hello to all, I was just wondering if any of you in the same situation. I work full-time on a very demanding position. Do you think 4 months is enough to prepare and pass such rigorous program as CFA L1? Also, do you find 3-multiple choice easier compared to PY exams? Thanks,

It’s very tough to say if this enough time…I personally took longer, but if you grab some study guides from Schweser etc you could probaly get it done. I would aim to get done 3-4 hours a day because there will always be a day or two here and there that something comes up and you won’t be able to study. The scary thing about the Dec. exam is that if something comes up and one doesn’t pass, the materials will differ slightly for the next time in June.

It’s very tough to say if this enough time…I personally took longer, but if you grab some study guides from Schweser etc you could probaly get it done. I would aim to get done 3-4 hours a day because there will always be a day or two here and there that something comes up and you won’t be able to study. The scary thing about the Dec. exam is that if something comes up and one doesn’t pass, the materials will differ slightly for the next time in June. Sorry, I haven’t taken both the 3 and 4 question formats so I can’t give an actual exam opinon there. An educated guess would say they just dropped the obvious wrong answer from the mix and the adjustment to difficulty would not be significant.

three questions is easier than four, but not by that much. How many hours do you mean by ‘very demanding’, as that could be anywhere from 45-100 hours a week. That said, if you really want to pass, you’ll find a way to study enough. Your social life will be non-existent though.

You have 5 months until December if you start now. What are you waiting for? Don’t make excuses or put things off. Just sign up, put your nose to the grindstone and hit the books.

I remember reading a while back that CFAi dropped the fourth option/destracter because, in a nutshell, it was too obvious and unnecessary. So, the test shouldn’t be any more difficult as a result.