Neighbors

This topic is so weird. It started in 2010 about neighbors trying to get their lazy kids jobs through AF’ers which seems to be on topic in a Careers forum. Then ACE bumps a 6 year old topic to talk about annoying neighbors who don’t like his crap music? And now we have two separate streams of conversation which are not related in any way.

Respect.

dude it was such a low level of bass I didn’t think it was a big deal it was 8:30pm on a friday night I do have a subwoofer but I definitely never even come close to maxing it out. I did not have intent of breaking the law. I did not have intent of disturbing my neighbors. I was aware but thought it was at an acceptable level.

Was the toddler walking into her bedroom? Do you share the apartment? Is the old hag your wife?

Again, a low level of bass travels through walls. You may think it’s not vibrating anything because you are in the apartment and only able to hear the highs and mids being complimented with the low-end. Trust me, I used to play bass guitar in a band before and I tried everything to practice in my apartment without using headphones. I’m not in favor of anyone calling the cops in this type of situation but since it happend either move to a house, find a new apartment or deal with it.

I had a neighbor who would play EDM non-stop (even after i mentioned it was becoming a problem) until I set-up my full stack bass rig in my apartment and showed him what real bass sounded like. He never played EDM again.

So, just be glad you’re not my neighbor!

Woa. You showed him.

+1 totally agree.

Bass TRAVELS very easily and is annoying as hell. I remember trying to study and just hearing the “thump thump… bump… thump” of some jerk two floors below me.

I don’t understand why people who live in apartments get subwoofers. You KNOW it’s going to annoy your neighbors. You KNOW they are going to hear it. IMO it’s just careless disregard for your neighbors by getting one in the first place.

That being said, I would have said the above to you first before calling cops.

Not responding to an email is a total jerk move. I respond to all emails. Come on, man. Be a decent person. Dont sit on your high porch with such arrogance.

+1000

Don’t be that jerk neighbor. It’s nice that you like to party- do it in the Meatpacking district. It’s impossible for you to know what obligations your neighbors have, or what time they need to be awake, etc.

The neighbor should have talked to you first, rather than call the police. However, any kind of bass playing in an apartment building can be extremely annoying. People have very little privacy in such a living arrangement, and even small noise intrusion can be extremely violating. It is indeed careless disregard and is quite inconsiderate.