Neighbors

I was talking to a neighbor this weekend. He asked me what I do for a living. I told him. He then asked me, do you think you could help my son get his foot in the door? I said absolutely, even though its tough right now, I can at least put in a good word for him. Is he looking for an internship? What is his major? Well, he dropped out of college after three years and is working at ShopRite now. He majored in finance though. Sorry neighbor, just remembered, we aren’t hiring.

My client asked me via email if I could recommend her daughter to my company as well. She further detailed that she has an AA through her local community college and is a hard worker. I did not respond to that email.

RadBikerSouthCO Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was talking to a neighbor this weekend. > > He asked me what I do for a living. I told him. > > He then asked me, do you think you could help my > son get his foot in the door? > > I said absolutely, even though its tough right > now, I can at least put in a good word for him. > Is he looking for an internship? What is his > major? > > Well, he dropped out of college after three years > and is working at ShopRite now. He majored in > finance though. > > Sorry neighbor, just remembered, we aren’t hiring. Sounds like the retail sector is where he’s bound.

I understand what you’re saying and that yes, these people could have worked harder. But at the same time, have some sympathy for their plight and realise that it’s probably even tougher for those poor parents that want the best for their kids but have to sit and watch them struggle or head towards a dismal future. Particularly if those parents have foregone luxuries and vacations to put their kid through college, etc. I feel for them. *Edit: Just to be clear, I’m not saying you should give them a recommendation. Just sympathy.

So a new couple moved directly below my floor. I had briefly met the chick once. I don’t think I ever met the guy. So I have my sub going on high bass at low volume for a period of about 40 min. I didn’t think it was that loud and my girlfriend in the room was working and didn’t find it annoying or annoyingly high. I heard a police knock on the door. (I have a metal rapper which you can lightlly rap or hardly rap). He did like 5 hard raps. I look through the peephole and it is a guy cop with a lady cop standing in full uniform with guns and all. I turn down the music and open the door. “Whats the problem, officer?” “Well your neighbor has been experiencing a constant noise violation and we came here to inform you to turn it down as a warning.” “A warning, I say?” “What does that mean.” “Well the next time we come by we will give you a $450 ticket.” “I say I surely do not want that to happen again. Whats your badge number by the way?” “I don’t think you need my badge number, but it is 1321.?” “Thank you officer I hope this will not happen again.” The cop also commented that it was late and people have to work in the morning. I was like its 8:30pm on a Friday night. He stood silently to regain his train of thought. We departed shortly after. ---- I was pretty pissed. Does my neighbor not have the balls to knock on my door? Wtf is his (their) deal? I left a note on their door today saying they are welcome to calling my cell (gave it to them, gave my email too), pasted my business card front and back on the note and signed Analti_Calte_Equity, CEO. I don’t like to resort to legal means but this is a bit insane. Ive never had cops called on me for noise ordinance. Is that a criminal offense? I would fight them in court if it is because I can’t have anything on my criminal record with these programs i’m appying to with $600-800k scholarships with full background checks. I have a clean record now. Pissed off. Why do people resort to legal means and bypass neighborly conduct. What is becoming of this nation? Do they not have the social skills to deal with situations in proper way as a first step before calling 911 or some crap. Damn.

what would philip platt do

yeah well I was walking downstairs today dressed to the tee for a dinner event and I heard the neighbor rip the note off the door. I knew they just got home. I wanted to confront them face to face and rapped on their door and sat there waiting and they probably looked out their peephole and wouldn’t open the door.

you have the balls to call 911 on me and not talk to me? really.

some people.

A noise offense being criminal? You’re surely not that dumb with all that education, right?

I have sympathy for children (and parents) born with disease, or lost to a drunk driver. I’m sorry but there’s no sympathy here for a child who simply didn’t try hard enough, and then wants a free ticket to the show, when everyone else had to grind for 6/7 years and sacrifice normalcy to get in the door. Yeah, not happening, sorry.

I agree. I have 0 sympathy for someone who didn’t work hard, had no motivation to strive for anything better etc. And ended up at bagging groceries. Parents were likely partly the blame as well. So again, 0 sympathy in this case

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disturbing_the_peace

i don’t know, brah, it looks like in some cases it could be a misdeameanor. If I was charged with a misdemeanor in the future I would have to lawyer up and scrub my record clean. So that’s like $450 fine + lawyer fees.

i can’t get anything on my record. I’m being scrutinized to the level of traffic tickets - I signed a waiver to release almost every fathomable type of information on all records for the first of a couple of screenings.

am I paranoid about it ? Sure - is the paranoia founded in a logical way? Possibly.

Had neighbors like that too. Once I had a few people over so I left a note at each door in the building with my number, just in case. Some time into the evening the guy from the couple above stops by to complain on behalf of his girl (visibly uncomfortable), I say ok, understood and I turned the music down a bit. Strangely, he didn’t leave, he just stayed. I thought, ok, he is a nice enough guy, why not. About an hour later the police is at my door. Guess who called them? What a bitch. And I had to pay too. Probably because the guy who opened the door was a bit drunk and got all in the cops’ face about how ridiculous the whole thing was.

do you have to release your AF history?

no, that would be unfair to the other candidates my AF history is so stellar I would obviously outshine all others.

obviously.

Did you just pay the fine - did they give you a misdemeanor? Next time unless they have a warrant (hopefully there wont be a next time I just have beats and blast the headphones), I am not opening the door unless they slide in a warrant. I guess they might be able to subpeona my address or something, not sure how this works. I’m used to living in big cities with much leeway for noise. I’m in a smaller city now in a large luxury complex with a bunch of p**sies. The chicks are hot though at the pool in the summer. Can’t complain about that. It is mostly chicks here. They come in droves to the pool in the summer surrounded by palm trees like a resort. I just can’t get over the fact that the cops come without me even knowing I was making a noise violation. I wasn’t blasting it or having a party. They are going to have to live with me pacing around the hardwood floors above them with hard leather and wood heels. Yeah, I have the fancy euro shoes that sound like a chick walking in heels everytime I walk on marble or wood. Call a noise complaint on that and I will laugh in their face.

/rant

Yeah, I just paid it. Wasn’t very expensive. I had cops come by before but usually I knew why.

My neighbors are the most stereotypical upper-class white family you can imagine. However, the wife is legitimately crazy, probably because she sits at home all day doing nothing while her husband works.

There is a short-term rental across the street from me. Never have they bothered me with noise, etc. The owner is a normal dude about my age with a nice girlfriend, and they’ve invited us out for drinks etc. This woman next door seriously thinks they are going to murder her children or something. She has a telephoto lens in one of her windows so she can spy on the guy and the tenants. She circulated a pdf file to the entire neighborhood with around 100 photos of people coming and going, Uber drivers dropping people off etc. She actually had a few photos of me coming home from the bars that she had included. I went over and asked to speak to her husband, who was obviously embarrassed when I asked him to minimize his wife’s spying.

Last night, around 7:30, I have some music going (Coltrane) while I’m cooking dinner. The door is open since I was cooking fish, but I had walked outside to make sure the music wasn’t loud. I could barely hear it. She called our neighborhood security. The guy gets out of his car, walks onto my lawn, stands there for about 30 seconds, and leaves. She is legitimately nuts.

HAHA. This can’t be real.

Honestly man, you’re too old to not know how bass travels through walls. If you must listen to music turn your bass down and the treble up because even at low volumes the bass travels through your walls.

It shouldn’t be your neighbor’s obligation to play mommy and daddy to tell you to turn down your music (bass). Use your head and your only mad because your embarrased that the cops showed up.

I am convinced there are two types of people in the world. The one listening to a bit of music at 8:30 on a Friday night or the one calling the cops.