Net worth

I don’t really have much saved up, but have these three watches. I could probably sell them for $2 mill… so theres that

http://www.gemnation.com/watches/Patek-Philippe-Sky-Moon-Tourbillon-5002P-1502.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwP_f2cGT1QIVQo1-Ch3uwwVfEAQYASABEgIfDvD_BwE

https://www.essential-watches.com/watch/Patek-Philippe-5207P-Ref-5207p-Grand-Complication-Tourbillon-Perpetual-Platinum-on-Brown-Leather-Strap-w-18K-Honey-Gold-Dial/34240

https://www.essential-watches.com/watch/Patek-Philippe-5016G-Minute-Repeater-Mens-37mm-Mechanical-in-White-Gold-Ref-5016-On-Black-Crocodile-Strap-with-Black-Dial/14181

Image result for pawn stars meme

I consider my huge efficient grey matter and my aesthetic body as assets :smiley: because I have invested a lot of efforts, money,… to build them. I must be worth at least 100m$.

in all seriousness whats the point of this thread?

first of all its a bunch of anonymous posters so you will never know if someone is lying or not.

second most wealthy people dont brag about their wealth.

if you need to brag then you are insecure about something.

always remember, there is always someone who is more wealthy than you.

im pretty sure there are folks on here worth 10mil+

Image result for hand clap gif

for me, i like to know where i stand amongst peers.

people on here could be lying, but in any case, i want to know how they got their net worth up. i have friends, who’ll inherit that shit, some that made money in real estate, others in entreprenurial crap, other through savings 401k etc.

its an anonymous forum, if anything people should give a fuck less so they should tell the truth. at least thats what i would expect. i know some are trolls though.

rich people definitely brag. at least the young ones. the old ones dont.

i dont really care if people are far richer than me. all i care about is that i am far richer than most.

rofl if you had to guess whos worth over 10 mil. whod you choose.

but you really want to get your information from an anonymous forum? If AF required linkedin profiles to be verified and viewed by all members of AF then it might give more credibility. If you really want to compare how you’re doing, talk to your friends, colleagues, neighbors, alums etc anything but an anonymous forum. Actually, you dont even need to talk to them. Where they live in case of NYC which building they live in will tell you the story.

Compared to my alums I think I am toward the top but no where near top top. I have several friends who are really making bank in the SF and NY area doing anything from high finance to accounting. Among my neighbors…lucky if i am in the 40th percentile although they are on avg older than I am. But then i would rather live in a a mediocre house in the best neighborhood than best house in a mediocre neighborhood. Some of the units in the high up facing east and south in my building with clear views of the CP go for $6k a sq ft

$6K/sqft is up there. 15 Central Park West (between 61/62nd) averages $7K/sqft which is probably the top end of Manhattan per sqft

i actually do talk to friends and family about it. af is just another resource.

15 CPW: it is not uncommon to find 2bedroom non corner, no view of CP go for 10mm there. Top floors with clear view of CP in my building go for tad over 6k per sq ft but at 15CPW?? you’re looking at 10k per sq ft or more.

an anonymous forum is the last place you should be using to compare net worth.

also someone being worth 1mil in des moines is equal to someone being worth 5 mil in ny or tokyo, its hard to compare even if no one was lying.

not sure how old you are but all the wealthy ppl i know do not brag. i assume if you are under 30 and wealthy then it makes sense, but not many people under 30 are wealthy.

its not good for you health to constantly compare yourself to other people. since you say you have a nice job, cheap, and live in cali you are prob better of than most americans

oh ok wow, baller

Nuts. I can’t imagine even wanting to live somewhere like that at all, much less being willing to pay such high prices to do so.

I don’t know bro, this place looks classy $45mm, 5,610sqft, $8021/sqft 15 CPW PH18/19B https://www.elliman.com/new-york-city/15-cpw-15-central-park-west-ph18-19b-manhattan-vzcafot

The amenities in this building are sick - 75’ pool with skylight — that length is very rare.

Not sure why anyone under the age of 65 would want to live above 23rd street…

That place looks awesome. I’d love to vacation there, maybe even spend a few months. If I were insanely rich, it would make a great vacation property. I just wouldn’t want to call it “home.” I need to not be sharing the building I live in and have my own land to be happy long term.

I’ve spent some time in Manhattan before and I wasn’t very fond of it.

only Benzo the baller

Yeah I agree. I like 14th and below actually, to be specific East/West Village, LES and SoHo. But, to have a PH overlooking Central Park is pretty baller. You’re going to be taking a Maybach with a driver if you go out downtown anyway.

You know what is the most extravagant thing about that condo listing above? The courtyard where you can drive a car.

I only drool walking past 15CPW…huge gated roundabout with around 5-7 guards/doormen at all times. That unit is nice but 18th floor is pretty low. If you go to the 30s and higher the prices naturally climb to 10k per sq ft.