Network like crazy

So… for anyone who’s currently out of the sector right now (retrenched, graduated into unemployment, etc)… Have you joined / done anything with the express intent of networking to find a job? And how’s it been going?

you meet a lot of people who are 1) looking for a job or 2) scared they are about to lose their job.

Anything object that moves receives a business card

I mean “any”

What are you guys’s linedin policy? do you approach anyone you know on linkedin to join your netwrok?

I have accepted every invitation I’ve received on LinkedIn. I’m also very liberal about who I invite. I’ve invited just about everyone I’ve ever interacted with on a professional level, even in the smallest capacity. You just never know who might be a key contact down the road, so why limit yourself? If you think about it, you’ve probably interacted with 100s of people. It’s worth having their contact information.

On that note, any one on the forum can join my LinkedIn circle. Daniel Lieb in Charlotte.

email addy? Send to xsellside AT gmail DOT com if you don’t want to post here.

Is linkedin facebook for business people?

floor_filler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is linkedin facebook for business people? Ummm no…facebook is for people who want to get back in touch with their high school sweetheart because they just cant move on in life or are going thru a mid-life crisis.

Go ahead, invite me to your network trogdor . burninator @ hotmail . com of Rome, NY

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > On that note, any one on the forum can join my > LinkedIn circle. > Daniel Lieb in Charlotte. Nice profile Dan!

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DanLieb Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > On that note, any one on the forum can join my > > LinkedIn circle. > > Daniel Lieb in Charlotte. > > > Nice profile Dan! Thanks!

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anything object that moves receives a business > card AliMan what do you have on your business card? title? a company you created but havent done much with? personal characteristics “driven” “adaptable” etc.

Everyone: I just signed up to LinkedIn, hopefully I don’t receive too many emails. What’s this $400/month upgrade? Is this for job search firms? Zoozu: My business cards are printed in Microsoft Word on plain paper. I am meticulous with my scissors and make sure to never cut over the borders. On any given day of the week, my business card name is Ali Man, CFA(2); Ali Man; MBA, CFA(3); or my favorite, Ali Man, CFA, MBA Expected Harvard 2011, Ph.D., P.Eng. My titles range from “Summer Intern” to “Special Advisor to the President,” depending on what business function I try to sneak into. To set myself out from other job searchers, I feed the paper through the printer a second time, and on the back I print out various slogans like “Creates Shareholder Value” or “Will WACC Your Models.” If I am feeling daring, which is most days, I’ll include a picture of myself on the top right – I’m told it greatly helps your chances in obtaining that coveted job.

linkedin is pretty good. i have seen some decent job postings. especially if you are an alumni for Alpha Kappa Psi

>>To set myself out from other job searchers, I feed the paper through the printer a second time, and on the back I print out various slogans like “Creates Shareholder Value” or “Will WACC Your Models.” If I am feeling daring, which is most days, I’ll include a picture of myself on the top right – I’m told it greatly helps your chances in obtaining that coveted job. Superb. +50.

I meant to say “to set myself apart”

hhaha great! how much of that is serious tho? I’m assuming just the scissormanship (word?)