never counted on the pass rate but..

I though L3 would be much easier. but its not bcoz of the high pass rate. thats a ridiculous assumption even worse than sayin L1 and L2 are same difficulty coz they have identical pass rates. I thought it was easy coz ppl who took and passed L3 told me so. so now I dont understand. were they referring to topics? or the exam?

I would be more confident of myself if the full exam was MCQs.

^Likewise

^^Agreed.

ditto.

I don’t agree. MCQ’s always have some little twist – think about when you encounter a question that you’re not 100% sure of. If it was written answer, you could probably get 1 out of 3 or 2 out of 3 – you know the ones, Joe was correct, but Bob, hmm, I’m not really sure. With MCQ, you’ve got a 50/50 shot, you’re getting 1.5 on average. With written answer, you got at least 1 and a good shot at 2 or 3, but you’re not losing the one regardless. Another example, you do a calc, left something out of the formula and your answer is D. Sorry, they “predicted” you’d do that. Zero. With written answer, you’re getting 1, maybe 2 out of 3. Last example – it’s one of those wordy questions and you just don’t know – they all seem like the right answer. Take a guess, 1 in 4 chance. With written answer, write down what you know, maybe get 1 out of 3.

or maybe get 0. i have a sense the graders are not as lenient as we think. no key words = no points.