New 2019 G Class coming. End of an era?

I’m with you, would never buy nor even drive it borrowed.

This is true, the psychological effect of feeling good with what you have (don’t cross the line of materialism and stupidity) is real. I’m saving for a Mercedes GLA btw.

interesting…although not comfortable and in my opinion not worth $110k…i thought the g class would be okay as a daily…After all it is a 4 wheel drive SUV not some slow slung rear wheel drive sports car.

my buddy owns a g class. but he also owns several 100k+ cars. all new. fam net worth like 50 m

Eh. Don’t get a GLA. BMW X1 or Audi is better. Even the Infiniti version of the GLA supposedly has a better ride.

GLA is a low budget European A Class that they marked up and raised to sell to badge conscious US consumers.

Ok, to be fair, it’s nowhere like driving a Ferrari or something. It’s just that for $100k, you’d really want to drive something else most of the time.

ive driven the top selling cars of each category.

permit age hs - honda civic!

last year college - toyota camry!

pass l2 - mercedes e class!

i think the e class is my limit. im done with cars. I THINK!!! lol

if i were to get another car my choices are these:

if i plan to continue working for an additional 10 years from purchase date. 7 series or model s.

if i plan to rage quit and retire. i would prolly buy a used civic.

Had the X1 on mind since its release, however the GLA is rare to see in the city and it has a nice look (nicer than X1 in my opinion).

About the Audi, what’s the option? Q2 is baaad.

If X1 is more common, it’s because it is a good car - probably best in class actually. The new X1 is more of a conventional SUV vehicle to the previous version, which was pretty special*. But anyway, where GLA is concerned, why buy a car that the market does not value well, just because you want to be different?

Audis SUVs are tall versions of VW or Audi cars (Golf/A3, A4, A6, and so forth). These cars are quite good already, so the SUV versions also tend to be good, particularly if you value the ride height of the SUVs over the better efficiency of the sedan/hatchback forms.

*Unknown to most people, the previous X1 was actually based off of the 3 Series from that time, and it was cheaper than the 3 Series sedan, let alone the X3 or 3 Series Wagon. So, it was a way to get a relatively inexpensive, RWD, 3-Series based hatchback in the US.

why don’t yall get what i got - Toyota Land Cruiser. It is big and it’s a real SUV with body on frame construction and diff locks and solid axles. Semi luxurious and reliability is second to none. It is just under $90k which is a bargain considering if you want you probably can drive this thing for next 30 years with minor issues. Went to australia few years ago and everyone there drives land cruiser because it is the most reliable vehicle in the world - you wouldn’t want to be stuck in the middle of that continent with help over 200 miles away in 130 degree heat…

I like Tahoe and Yukon but too many limo services in nyc have them as their go to car.

Yeah the new Land Cruisers are sick.

Old ones are legit as well - 1971 Land Cruiser

Image result for toyota land cruiser

seems about as much as a daily driver car that you can get

#amirite6?

This one is super dope.

New 2017 Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG 4MATIC

MSRP $223,425

Twin-turbo V-12, 621 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=459019845&zip=90210&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D90210%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DMBG65AMG%26makeCodeList%3DMB%26searchRadius%3D0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=MBG65AMG&makeCodeList=MB&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=MB&modelCode1=MBG65AMG