New ideas for your own business

I am sure there are people who are unemployed who are thinking of doing something on their own or some young guns who want to dive into their own business, just wanted to see what kind of ideas people have? Sense of humor is always welcome! I am currently employed in NYC at a FOF. It’d be good to hear some interesting things from AF’ers. I have been reading the forum for a while off and on, I was a visitor during L2 last year and plan to be active for L 3 this year and General discussion is always fun. FYI - first post here.

i have an idea about a acne killer. no joke. however, i’m not a doctor but envision this miracle to work on a large population of sufferers.

“i have an idea about a acne killer. no joke. however, i’m not a doctor but envision this miracle to work on a large population of sufferers.” Just get diddy as a spokesperson and you’re all set. And jessica alba in lieu of simpson wouldn’t hurt either.

I have no creativity what so ever. The real life has numbed my creative minds.

I have an idea for an innovative low cost solar panel security system retrofit that uses the existing ground loop as a sensor. I have no motivation to flush it out. It’s kind of like high school when you’re sitting around coming up with great names for a hypothetical rock band.

I’m into starting useless companies so we wanted to start a sand bashing company in Dubai. Rich Emirati kids could rent expensive vehicles and ruin them on sand dunes - but then Sheikh Al Maktoum came along and beat us to it. Then I read Competitive Advantage and realized that I had no barriers to entry anyway. Thank you Michael, for ruining my dreams.

We should start a “new business idea” thread! Someone once told me of this business idea that I thought was genius… gambling on your cell phone with carryover minutes. Wouldn’t that be cool? You get 1000 minutes per month with your plan. You can gamble them into more minutes… or you could blow it all.

I see you’re into starting useless businesses too

KJH, i actually think that’s a good idea.

I business that generates ideas for new businesses

I am getting lots of calls/inquiries from emerging market business owners looking for capital, as their traditional sources have dried up. Some of them are very old style folks who do not understand modern finance. So if there is an effective way of getting capital to these guys, I am in the game.

Vladimir Putin calls you?

Nope, but the russian professor does, wanting know when we are joining China !