New Job...bye bye CFA?

Having been already behind (only read first 3 books of Schweser real quick, with no retention) now I am starting a new job soon…should I just forget about CFA this year!? I think I will still sit the exam regardless since I have already paid for it but I am thinking passing will be tough given the new job and how much studying I still have to do…any thoughts guys and gals?

Man up. There’s plenty of time and you know it. Especially if you have Schweser.

You can still do it. How many hours a week do you plan on working? As long as you have an extra hour a day plus weekends, you can do it. Especially since this is round 2 for you (sorry, but it is true, right?)

goes to eleven , yes its round 2, but to be completely honest, I feel like its harder for me to get even motivated this time …

FUNancialAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man up. There’s plenty of time and you know it. > Especially if you have Schweser. This.

N. Van. Congrats on the new job. Hopefully you can still pull it off. If I remember correctly don’t you work with taxes and this time of year you’re used to working a ton anyway with studying? I think you can do it. 70+ days left.

GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > N. Van. > Congrats on the new job. Hopefully you can still > pull it off. > If I remember correctly don’t you work with taxes > and this time of year you’re used to working a ton > anyway with studying? I think you can do it. 70+ > days left. I used to work with taxes that is correct, not anymore! but you are right when I was writing level 2 I worked quite a bit and still managed to pass but this whole essay portion of the exam and qualitative nature of L3 took me to the cleaners last year so we’ll see…I guess I will have to just do my best and get as much done as I can and hope for the best.

Finish it N.Van. I know you can do it. You will be so happy you did next year.

You can definitely do it N.Van. Sacrifice 10 more weekends to get your life back :slight_smile:

^ Hi Rakesh, will mail you later tonight…

What kind of job requires you to wear a skirt?

N. Van… you were so close to passing on your first attempt. You can do it man. Give it your best.

Hey Guys, Thanks for the kind words…I will indeed study and try my best. Thinking about it a bit more… in fact this might be a good thing as I won’t be traveling much with my new job so can stay in the office after hours and study rather being on a plane or driving all over the place which has been the main cause behind me not being able to study. Cheers NVC

Good call N Van

You are close to the finish line! Don’t give up!

Congratulations on new job! Definitely put in the extra time and slog through, so don’t have this BS hanging over you in '11.

Congratulations on new job! Definitely put in the extra time and slog through, so don’t have this BS hanging over you in '11.

Congratulations on new job! Definitely put in the extra time and slog through - don’t want this BS hanging over you in '11.