New job Update

Hey gents…I know may of you will be wondering how my new gig is coming along. In a word: good. I really like it. So far seems to be working fine and I am cautiously optimistic at my prospects. Willy

Hi Willy, Nice to hear you happy with your new work. It seems so easy for experienced individual finding work. From reading all your previous posts, you live in Toronto right? What is your advice for an inexperienced rookie. I am trying hard to launch my career. I have been looking for analyst related work for three weeks now after CFA level one. My resume doesn’t look so impressive. I only worked at a retail position for a bank after graduate. I got a math degree from UW. I am real pessimistic about the job market now after hearing all cuts in financial industry.

I can answer that: Talk Big. Wear Expensive Clothes. It’s not what you know, it’s what you THINK you know.

“I can answer that: Talk Big. Wear Expensive Clothes. It’s not what you know, it’s what you THINK you know.” Sarcastic but oh so true in Toronto…unless you want to work in the back office. Those individuals are actually quite bright.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can answer that: Talk Big. Wear Expensive > Clothes. It’s not what you know, it’s what you > THINK you know. it’s what THEY think you know :slight_smile:

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I can answer that: Talk Big. Wear Expensive > Clothes. It’s not what you know, it’s what you > THINK you know.” > > Sarcastic but oh so true in Toronto…unless you > want to work in the back office. Those > individuals are actually quite bright. More scarcasm!!! R u coming to HFX this weekend Turk?

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can answer that: Talk Big. Wear Expensive > Clothes. It’s not what you know, it’s what you > THINK you know. It’s disturbing how well this works.

“More scarcasm!!! R u coming to HFX this weekend Turk?” Nope, a couple things at work kept me out of the trip (golf days mainly)… Probably moving the trip to early-mid August. Keep you posted.

hi willyR, can you please let me know what kind of job profile you are into?..

I believe he’s a PM or APM, but I could be wrong.

can anyone be eligible for APM after CFA level 1??..is it so?? or it depends on company to company

Dream big…

SURE

maybe not if you are a network administrator who took Level 1 to help break into the finance industry…but if you have finance industry experience why couldn’t you be a APM after level 1, or before it for that matter?

“can anyone be eligible for APM after CFA level 1??..is it so?? or it depends on company to company” I was registered as an APM or Associate Advising after level 1…