New to cfa exam dec2012

Hi am new to this cfa

I Just decide to go for it in december but am too nervous…

Am wondering how to prepare for dec 2012 exam

any advice?

Start studying now as many people have already started studying. Do you have a finance background? IF so reading the condensed notes performing end of chapter review questions within the Schweser books and doing Qbank and practice exams should get you a pass. If not you will need to go extra hard and either utilize the CFAI textbooks or read and re-read the Schweser material. The essential Study package from Schweser is good as it has the Notes, Quicksheet as well as 2 volumes of practice exams (do all of these) and Qbank full of 4,000 questions. You should aim to read and re-read the Schweser material perform many practice tests as well as at least doing the CFAI Mock exam and as many Qbank problems as needed to master the material on each chapter. The last month and a half of studying should be devoted solely to doing practice tests/exams and the more your perform and better you review your results the better you will do.

Hope this helps.

A sacrificial prayer ceremony to the Sun god before exam day.

Thx swatty27 i will definitely follow your advice :slight_smile:

to iteracom: i will definitely get through it

May i know About how many page the cfa book level contain?

Well there’s 6 books, and each one is in the 300 page range I’d guess. Schweser’s books don’t really cut down on page count a whole lot, but they do make it a lot more manageable.

Accounting - 600 + pages. Its not the no. of pages. Its the toughness of the subject that matters here.

All the best.

Hmmm seem that dec will be too short for me to master the chapters…

Then i will go for jun13 :slight_smile: thx 4 ur reply :slight_smile:

Hmmm seem that dec will be too short for me to master the chapters…

Then i will go for jun13 :slight_smile: thx 4 ur reply :slight_smile:

The last post was not to de-motivate you. It was to let you know to start early.

I would suggest, give it a shot in Dec. If needed, you can always try in next June.

There is still enough time left.

:slight_smile: ok dr will try that thx