new (to me) excel

borrowed my gf’s laptop which has the new excel… how do I get it to change back to what most might think of as the “classic” view? You know, the one that had legit drop down boxes as opposed to this massive header tab view and this gigantic radio button which seems to do little beyond prominently display the windows logo. thx.

You cannot. Its time you learn 2007, its actually much better.

^ Agreed. Just get used to it. It builds character.

All the keystrokes are the same, so if you worked at a reputable firm where they took your mouse away, you should be fine.

Even if you’re scared of it when you hit ‘alt’ all of the shortcuts for the ribbon pop up.

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You cannot. Its time you learn 2007, its actually > much better. Agreed as well. It takes a little while getting used to it, but it’s a lot better. Pivot tables are MUCH better in the new version, imo. I almost wonder how I ever even used the old Excel now that I’m used to the new one.

Right click is your friend…

The introduction of the ribbon in 2007 convinced me to learn more shortcuts. Take it as an opportunity. Office 2010 is out 6/15/10 and will allow the customization of the ribbon.

holden1176 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The introduction of the ribbon in 2007 convinced > me to learn more shortcuts. Take it as an > opportunity. > > Office 2010 is out 6/15/10 and will allow the > customization of the ribbon. This. After I started using 2007 I REALLY started flying in Excel.

Just though about it too. the 2003 short cuts work in 2007 also. So unless you’re a complete f’n noob using the mouse (like some retardo intern) then you should be fun. Seriously contemplating icing the crap out of you for this one, cmb.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All the keystrokes are the same, so if you worked > at a reputable firm where they took your mouse > away, you should be fine. Haha, never realized that you ain’t kewl unless you work at JP…hahaha. Wow.

Canadianloco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skillionaire Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > All the keystrokes are the same, so if you > worked > > at a reputable firm where they took your mouse > > away, you should be fine. > > > Haha, never realized that you ain’t kewl unless > you work at JP…hahaha. Wow. No offense, but I don’t waste my time speaking to Canadians.

^ lol, eh.