New to the Forums, Introducing myself

agreed. if they have a WM area that might be an easy internal move, at least there might be some portfolio analyst or similar position to get you in the door and learning the biz a bit more. It would qualify as work experience as well. If thats not your thing then I would say just keep on chuggin along and keep an eye out for coworkers leaving the firm to other AM shops, that might be a connection worth maintaining…

thanks for the input. I’m thinking of staying here another year at the most, and contacting a head hunter soon. Wealth Management (private banker?), sounds pretty good, but I would be doing the same thing I do now but for higher net clients. I will keep my head up and continue to study for the CFA. If I can get in my foot into an analyst position, I will let ya guys know. Thanks for the welcome guys.

Oh by the way I work for JPMorgan Chase. They laugh at the retail side. lol

I wouldnt look for a private banker role, I would look for a role doing something actually related to investments, not opening checking accounts and looking for the best money market yields…funny that JPMorgan would laugh at the retail side when a largest portion of their biz is Asset Management much of which is thru their private bank(if thats what they consider retail).

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wouldnt look for a private banker role, I would > look for a role doing something actually related > to investments, not opening checking accounts and > looking for the best money market yields…funny > that JPMorgan would laugh at the retail side when > a largest portion of their biz is Asset Management > much of which is thru their private bank(if thats > what they consider retail). That’s pretty much what I’m looking for. Do you have any recommendations? I have to do more HW and research which type of investment position I would qualify for. But sadly, we are the laughing stock of the company.

I dont know what you are qualified for, but I guess you might want to look for anything that ends in “analyst”. That term is so broad. Maybe anything relating to portfolio analytics group, a portfolio analyst position, or something like that. I know that isn’t much help. if you are living in NYC then there are no shortage of firms to look at. You could stick with JP, or Citi or BofA or go with some sort of trust shop like Bessemer or Northern, or an asset mgmt shop like Bernstein or the millions others in the city. All of those would be decent avenues for HNW individuals I would think.