Next week.

Well, finally turned to a new year and I’ll be starting my reading next week. Who else is getting started next week?

moi… maybe… or not… siighh…

Starting today… at last!!

Sponge and ruckmani are back! The whole crew is coming back…

I think it is about time I start. I even opened all my books and put them in a nice neat pile on my desk. But yes, today is the day.

blame it on prison break and my friend who gave me the episodes that my studies have come to a standstill, sigh!

i just started reading ethics on Jan 2nd.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i just started reading ethics on Jan 2nd. You have already read the rest of the text though!

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maratikus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i just started reading ethics on Jan 2nd. > > You have already read the rest of the text though! That’s true. I have Ethics left though … as well as hours of reviewing everything …

I am just messing with you. I would love to be in your position.

Starting tomorrow.

Hey mwvt9, Looks like you are leading the pack! I remember reading in another post that you have completed Book 2 and are on Book 3 now. How is it coming along? Have you encountered the notorious IPS yet? Thanks to the 6 month long break (post Level 2), I have forgotten what it is to eat, sleep and dream CFA! To help me get back into the mood, I have begun with Ethics - the result being I can barely keep my eyes open! Hopefully I will start on Book 2 sometime this week…

I am not leading. Maratikus and slouiscar have just about read everything already. I am trying to just get a quick read now. No questions, just the major points. IPS seems easy and hard. But of course we know it is close to impossible. I had to skip ethics. I always do. Good to see you back ruckmani.

so … do I HAVE to start next week? :frowning: really not in the moood yet!

I had done a little scanning here and there on some work-relevant topics, but got to hitting the books for real last week.

Thanks mwvt9! it is good to be back…

Let’s see. I’ve read Ethics (except GIPS), as well as books 2,3,4 and half of 5. I’m also about 50% of the way through the curriculum on Qbank. I’ve retained very little. After my first read through, I’ll have to start over and dig much deeper. But so far, I must say I am amazed at how qualitative it all is. Not sure if that’s good or bad.

mumukada Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so … do I HAVE to start next week? :frowning: really > not in the moood yet! you have to start next week!

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Let’s see. I’ve read Ethics (except GIPS), as well > as books 2,3,4 and half of 5. I’m also about 50% > of the way through the curriculum on Qbank. > > I’ve retained very little. After my first read > through, I’ll have to start over and dig much > deeper. But so far, I must say I am amazed at how > qualitative it all is. Not sure if that’s good or > bad. Smarshy, do you find Q-bank helpful for level III? I found it very helpful for Level I, somewhat helpful for Level II and considering getting it for Level III.

Yes, I do find it helpful. It doesn’t come close to approximating the exam questions or format, obviously, but I find it does help me to get a grasp of the concepts. And it’s good review.