NFL Layoffs

From Profootballtalk.com NFL LAYS OFF 150 EMPLOYEE Posted by Michael David Smith on December 9, 2008, 2:35 p.m. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told employees in a memo today that the league will eliminate about 150 jobs. That represents about 14 percent of the league’s total staff of 1,100. The cuts will come at the league headquarters in New York City, at NFL Films in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, and at the league’s production facilities in Los Angeles, where NFL.com and NFL Network are located. Goodell said cutting staff was necessary because of current economic conditions, making NFL employees just the latest workers to be hit hard by the recession. “These are difficult and painful steps,” Goodell said in the memo, “but they are necessary in the current economic environment. … I would like to be able to report that we are immune to the troubles around us, but we are not.” The NBA, Major League Baseball and NASCAR have also recently announced layoffs.

Is it too much to ask for the Cowboys to lay off Pacman Jones?

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is it too much to ask for the Cowboys to lay off > Pacman Jones? PAC ATTACK! he played a good game this weekend. too bad Romo did what he did

Why don’t they just sell off the Lions to the Canadian football league?

We already have the Argos to embarrass the league.

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why don’t they just sell off the Lions to the > Canadian football league? Maybe at the end of the season. Calvin Johnson has been money these last few weeks and I am making a run for my league title (TD-only league).

Is it true the Lions are seeking some of the TARP funds?